20th Anniversary coming up for me.

markymapomarkymapo Silver Member Posts: 542
In a few weeks my wife and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. 

While we we wanted to have a wedding reunion of sorts like going back to the guest book and inviting 100 or so people back to have a party at a local place, it just was not in the budget. Would have cost $11,000 for one night of partying. That included food and drinks for everyone. 

So instead we are going a few states away with 3 others couples to a place that hosts a NYE party. For a couple to attend and stay at hotel it's costing $500 which includes dinner and breakfast. We are renting a party bus to drive us to and from place. 

As this would be a great "gift" for my wife I'm still looking at getting her a gift from me. I'm lost though. She wears no Jewlry. Not into flowers. 

Does like getting hot stone massages but I've done that for birthdays in past. 

One good thing is, she will be starting obvulation 2 days before.
AlphaNowTenneeCartB4Horsefordsvt

Comments

• plainjaneplainjane Member Posts: 39
    What is her love language?  How about a glamour photo shoot or a family portrait?  Maybe a classic pair of good leather boots she could wear forever.  A good set of combs and brushes with natural bristles for caring for her hair (some ladies like to have someone brush their hair for them....you can see where that might lead).  A luxury down pillow and a comfy throw might be nice.
    For me, I would wand something that would last into perpetuity and remind me of my husband and my marriage whenever I used or looked at the item.
    DaddyOh
  • markymapomarkymapo Silver Member Posts: 542
    I guess her best LL is words of affirmative. Can't buy that though. 

Thise are good ideas but most of that stuff is not "her" type of stuff. Glamour photo is def out. Hates getting pic taken. 

She he does like getting nails done and a pedi. My first thought was like a $200 gift card to her fav salon. She'd get a good 6-8 months of nails and toes with that. 
    Tennee
  • plainjaneplainjane Member Posts: 39
    Maybe a daily desk calendar for 2017.  You could write an affirmation on 2 or three days a week for the next year.  If your kids are old enough, have them scribble in what it is about their mom they like or love.  You could fold in a few gift certificates here and there for those mani pedis she enjoys so much.  Overall, a gift that affirms her as a woman, wife, FO, and mom.
    AlphaNowAvalinetteTenneemissesnesbit