Is it worth it? too me it seems absurd...

thechiefthechief Member Posts: 5
I am a 27 year old guy who has been in a long term relationship for 3 years. I came across this site through other game related readings and this whole forum makes me kind of sad (bear with me, no offense).

This forum is a bunch of men, who are trying to get sex from their wife. THEIR WIFE. Playing this whole game of being alpha and this long list of stuff you have to do to get laid from the woman you have chosen (as well as her choosing you) to spend your life with seems fcken ridiculous. She holds the keys to not only your happiness but too your wallet. If she at any moment chooses too, for any reason whatsoever she can take more then half your stuff, your kids even put you in jail with a few spicy lies added to the mix.

My question too you guys is, is it worth it? why bother to jump through hoops for sex from my ageing wife? Her SMV is decreasing whilst mine will only rise. i figure the smart bet is avoiding this situation all together, focus on myself (earning potential, fitness, languages, reading etc). Interested to hear your thoughts.
NeoTheLeoDrBetaLinanati

Comments

• sf64sf64 Střední Evropa na chvíliSilver Member Posts: 1,997
    @steu2817 - But is it worth the legal / financial risk to get married?

To be really blunt, I can get rejected at any bar on any night and not run the risk of losing 50% of my fortune and 50% of my income for the next 18 years.  Why go through the trouble of being rejected by a wife?

If you run the MAP and are single, you can get all the sex you ever want and then some.  Why run the legal risks of marriage?

Note - If you a FO with a Lazy Bear or Low-T husband, ignore everything I say. It probably doesn't apply
    "As he works on his MAP, he's going to do things that piss you off. He has to."  - Steu2817
    "In a world of Alpha's there is no peace for anyone.....welcome to Somalia enjoy your stay" - Highlander2

[Deleted User]
  • NeoTheLeoNeoTheLeo Member Posts: 796
    thechief 

If I answer honestly, I would have to say, no it not worth it actually. Then again I am a little jaded, I'm sure. The whole idea and fairytail of married and happy ever after seems to be a huge lie to me now. It appears that clearly men are really the hopeless romantics, not women. 

I would advise my son to never ever ever do it.  EVER!
    MustacheJohn_Q_GaltCaptain_Hammer
  • DancenyDanceny Ft. Collins, COSilver Member Posts: 998
    I did it because I wanted to be a dad, and there's really no other good way. And my wife earns twice what I do. I wouldn't have married her otherwise.

Im_a_Man
    I would tell my son he can have kids without the marriage and that is NOT my traditional way of thinking until now.
    mook_zLinanati
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    edited November 2012
    If your (and her) goal is The Real "Happily Ever After", then yes, it's worth it.

MariaroeAngelineDido
  • DancenyDanceny Ft. Collins, COSilver Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2012
    The important thing is that you go in with your eyes open.  Since the "no fault" revolution in marriage law, you CANNOT get married in the sense most people think of. No one is married, and no one can marry. Your wife will have the power to take your kids and half or more of your income and eject you from your home, at any time, on a whim.

Also understand that if she has had even ONE sexual partner before you, your odds are greatly worsened, and it gets worse from there. More than 10 partners, she might as well have been a working prostitute for practical purposes.

DrBetaDidoLinanati
  • thechiefthechief Member Posts: 5
    Not correct. There is a risk when 1 in 2 marriges end in in divorce isnt there?
    edited November 2012
    If your (and her) goal is The Real "Happily Ever After", then yes, it's worth it.

But women's goals seem to change in the blink of an eye though. How can you trust a commitment from someone that reserves the option to break the commitment at anytime, just because they arent haaaaaaaapy? That's what freakin scary! 

I cant imagine doing business deals with anyone I know that could change their complete mind and deal and agenda at any given moment with no remorse or thought to harm it causes kids and others.. Just seems like a bad situation for any man to put himself in these days.. 

Then again, I guess that's why I read your blog everyday too.. Its the only female blog I read and I admit it does give me hope that not all women are like that... Guess I am still really jaded at this point and feel shortchanged by marriage.  Thinking about your letter to your daughter, I am really scared of what I would say in a letter to my son regarding marriage at this point...

themacnut
  • AlittlefunnnAlittlefunnn Member Posts: 260
    If you decide to get married, then you commit to making each other better and happier than you would be alone. I view MMLS as a place where balance is preached not dominance. 

In every major decision in life there are risks. Your personal risk tolerance depends on how you manage your daily problems. 

Buying a home and paying 30 years for it is no less risky than getting married. You can buy a house with the best intentions. Throw in a not so obvious foundation problem and you're valuable house just declined big time in value. However if you work daily to improve that foundation, in time, it can be more valuable and rewarding than selling it at a lose and hoping the next one has a perfect foundation. 
    AngelineDidoBenMona
  • AthenaAthena Member Posts: 438
    A couple of y'all need to go reread Athol's blog post from yesterday.

This forum may not be your wife you're whining to, but it's still a DLV.
    JellyBeanPhoenixDownx1134xJoshKarl_Hungus
  • FlyingDutchmanFlyingDutchman CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 602
    I understand all the risks and I am still an advocate of marriage.  Athol is too. It can be worth it, but it won't be easy and there is going to be risk.  Same thing is true if you want to start a business and achieve financial independence.  Without taking risks you never accomplish anything truly great.

By learning about MMSL, MAP, Alpha/Beta balance, etc, you are really just learning about the laws of attraction and increasing your chances to make a big success of your marriage and family.  But if you're not truly serious about taking on a captain's role and responsibilities, then your chances of success go down to a point where I wouldn't recommend it.
    Linanati
  • NotelracNotelrac Member Posts: 3,517
    If you want to have kids, get married.  If you don't want kids, I agree with you that you're far better off not putting yourself through Marriage 2.0.

Make sure you control your own fertility, and do not let yourself get into a situation where a woman can make a case for "common law" marriage or claim residence in your domicile.  We have an unfortunate chump who last month posted about how he tried to kick his girlfriend and her kids out, and the police told him she was a "tenant" and he needed to give her 30 days notice.

Angeline
  • CaptVereCaptVere Silver Member Posts: 1,592
    sf64 said:

To be really blunt, I can get rejected at any bar on any night and not run the risk of losing 50% of my fortune and 50% of my income for the next 18 years.  Why go through the trouble of being rejected by a wife?

If you run the MAP and are single, you can get all the sex you ever want and then some.  Why run the legal risks of marriage?
    I can't say I disagree.  I do want more than just sex though from my life.  You can have relationships without marriage.  There are also pre-nups and other legal documents you can sign ahead of time if you are so inclined. If you don't want children though, I don't know why any man would get married in this society honestly.

Angeline
  • roeroe Silver Member Posts: 445
    I get a ton of positive affect from my marriage & family, and working out, running game, becoming more alpha, etc. etc. has caused me to feel better about myself - which is the point.

For all I know, the grass on the other side is greener and I'd be happier staying single and pursuing endless hedonic novelty, but somehow I doubt it...

(Money quote from that link:  "When I’m in a solid relationship, or when I’m on a hot streak dating multiple concurrent or consecutive women, then all women in general start to feel more approachable, less insurmountable (heh), and, tragically, less tolerable. The effect of familiarity with females and their foggy furrows is a steady glazing of my perception of their beauty, until they seem as if their faces are an indistinguishable mass of downy cotton balls. Worse, the tolerance, even enthusiasm, I would have just talking and spending idle time with women yields more frequently and submissively to competing distractions, like reading alone, hanging with buds, pursuing hobbies, or elevating my status for a potential trading-up of lovers. Her charming little tics I loved during the first few months soon become swarms of buzzing annoyances, and my mind begins the unstoppable drift to ELSEWHERE.")

"The good news is you don’t have to become a romance novel hero, you just have to become her hero...  A woman doesn’t have to be perfect to arouse her husband, she just has to be his Playmate."   -Dalrock

edited November 2012
    Getting out of a house with a bad foundation or a bad business decision won't land you in jail or loosing everything you own either... much greater risk getting married

Being a business man, I look at risk/reward scenarios and risk percentages. In marriage these aren't very good from my experiences. 
  • leoslayerleoslayer NCSilver Member Posts: 1,920
    sf64 said:

Damn straight baby! @Sf64 you are my brother from a different mother!
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    sf64 said:

That's rather confusing, because on another thread they're saying you can threaten your wife with divorce to make her behave, and that if you do divorce her she'll end up a poor, struggling single mother. This thread seems to contradict that view.
  • leoslayerleoslayer NCSilver Member Posts: 1,920
    Op don't ever get married. It's not worth it. You can date a woman long term but don't make her your wife. You will be happier.
    NeoTheLeoElaine[Deleted User]
  • ElaineElaine Silver Member Posts: 1,580
    This forum is representative of marriage like consumer ratings are for products. If you are happy you generally don't say a whole lot, if you are dissatisfied you want the world to know. There are plenty of happy marriages and I would 100% do it again with the same man. We have sex at least once a day - usually amazing - and laugh together a lot. Yes there is work involved but I want to do the work, it's not such a chore if it's done out of love for each other and our family. The baby and toddler years were tough but totally worth it.
    PhoenixDownRainDidoLinanati