A Gift Idea

RedRed Southeast USSilver Member Posts: 445
Buy a nice looking journal and each day write about something you like about your husband.  It doesn't necessarily have to be long or involved.  In a month or 3, or 6 months, or next Christmas, his birthday, your anniversary, no reason date night, whenever...you'll have a book full of good things about him to give to him.  This will do several things (1) keep you looking for positive things he does/is to write about (2) help you remember things from the past that have impressed you (3) give him something to read again and again when he may be in need of a reminder.

For those who have negative feelings about their husband, this can really help.  It keeps you focused on his good points, on his progress, on all the things you like about him.  Write every day if you can, but only until you want to write the first "but" or "if only".  It's not a place to write your grievances or your thoughts on how things could be, but only words about things you like or things that make you smile.  It's okay if it's only two or three sentences.  The point of the whole exercise is to see all the good.  Maybe you won't see something to write about every day, maybe you'll have several entries to make in one day.  It's a pretty small, simple thing that can have a real impact.  Sometimes the small things can make all the difference. 

A few examples:  I like...

the way you look in blue
how your voice sounds when you read out loud to our children
that you smell so good every time we go out
how I feel so loved when I see you make household repairs
when you make us breakfast Sunday mornings
the way your penis feels in my mouth the seconds before you get hard

If you really want change, it has to start in your thoughts.  If you can think about it differently, you can act on it differently.  This may help you see him in a different light when there is a book full of good things about your man.  

Tagged:
[Deleted User]Angeline

Comments

• JaneJane Member Posts: 978
    Last valentines day, my husband and I bought a "Like book for couples"  the concept is the same, it's basically a line for every day of the year where you each write down something you like about each other.  We kept it up for about 5 months and then fell out of the habit, but I absolutely loved it every day wehn I got to look in and see what he wrote about me; it was surprisingly easy to think of things.  In the begining you think "how will I ever think of something new every day" but then you start really LOOKING for NEW things you like about the person...