What do I do with her now?

1234568»

Comments

• HurterHurter Member Posts: 46
    Wishing and praying for all the very best for you.
  • Changed_ManChanged_Man ChicagolandSilver Member Posts: 1,965
    @Cranston,

I find her minimizing her interactions with you to be very interesting. Given your previous comments about her stubbornness, is it possible that she's intentionally avoiding you because she's afraid that you would weaken her resolve to see her plan through?

Also, what kind of contact have you had with her family since the children's return? Have they shed any light on what's going on in her head?

When push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off... And you stand!

"Stand" by Rascal Flatts

Smashmaster
  • 446446 ArkansasSilver Member Posts: 648
    Lawyers are not perfect. They take the information that they have and their own personal biases and come up with an answer.

I think "lawyer friend" heard what she wanted to hear and Mrs. C did likewise. The entered some sort of drama feedback loop.
    Changed_ManAngeline
  • CranstonCranston Member Posts: 155
    I will say that apparently both my lawyer and her current lawyer agreed that she got terrible counsel in the beginning just before she took off. I'm pretty sure her current lawyer is much more solid and would never have given such bad counsel.
  • LinanatiLinanati Member Posts: 1,553
    cinnamon said:
    Athol_Kay said:

Lack of medical benefits with three young kids generally makes women feel like they are living on a knife edge of disaster 24/7. All it takes is a kid falling off chair funny and they'd be bankrupt.
    It's really hard to overstate this. I'm wondering if part of the communication problem was that Cranston ignored what she said because he just didn't agree with the premise, whereas she thought she was being perfectly clear. I think for many people, "lack of medical benefits with three young kids" isn't just a red flag, it's an entire high school marching band.

Yep.  Does California not have a program to help families who can't afford health insurance for their kids? 

In the state I live in, if you don't qualify for Medicaid but you can't afford insurance for your kids, there's a program where you pay a small fee every month for really good insurance.  We had to use this for our kids when my husband was at his previous underpaid job in which their overpriced health insurance would have taken over half his paycheck.  He and I went without insurance, but at least the kids were covered.  I can't see liberal California not having a program like this.

Athol_KaySmashmasterthelittlemrs
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    Hope you are doing ok!
    Shyster
  • Flaming_Man_of_IronFlaming_Man_of_Iron BCGold Men Zen Garden Posts: 454
    I'd be curious about updates as well.