MMSL & The MBTI

SmashmasterSmashmaster Tera IncognitaSilver Member Posts: 809
Did a bit of searching on the forums for people who have identified on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment, to see if I can find anything interesting about the people who frequent this little corner of the internet.

This is what I found.  This is only self identified contributers to the forum, so keep that in mind.

ESTJ -

ESTP-

ESFJ - shanna_bananna

ESFP -

ENTJ - sf64, sapper, Monkeys_Uncle, BetaGeek, 

ENTP - technovelist

ENFJ - 

ENFP - Alphabelle, relaygirl, BrianC

ISTJ - LL80

ISTP - 

ISFJ - 

ISFP -

INTJ - TedD, Eightbit, WillK, The_Ringmistress, RedPillNewb, RedPillWifey, pocketaces, cinnamon, Tanooki, MissusP, Flaming_Man_of_Iron, horseman, LordVader, MNL

INTP - Smashmaster, MountainCoyote, Liquidsound, Notelrac 

INFJ - KatherineKelly, george

INFP - 0

Total Self Identified: 30

"Ultimately the captain sets the tone of the relationship." -Athol Kay

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." -Albert Einstein

"Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense." -Forrest Gump

shanna_bananaAlphaBelleLiquidSoundMonkeys_UncleTalktomePurple

Comments

• roeroe Silver Member Posts: 445
    Great analysis - put me down as an INTP

"The good news is you don’t have to become a romance novel hero, you just have to become her hero...  A woman doesn’t have to be perfect to arouse her husband, she just has to be his Playmate."   -Dalrock

Smashmaster
  • roeroe Silver Member Posts: 445
    edited February 2013
    I didn't do the math or anything, but it seems clear the prevalence of *NT*'s is statistically significant (although the sample size is small).

Two hypothesis which explain the data:  *NT*'s tend to have trouble in their marriages and find themselves here, or *NT*'s are more receptive to system-level explanations of why their marriages are in trouble (and are drawn from the general population of people with troubled marriages) - or both could be the case.

"The good news is you don’t have to become a romance novel hero, you just have to become her hero...  A woman doesn’t have to be perfect to arouse her husband, she just has to be his Playmate."   -Dalrock

LiquidSoundAngelinePaleoDad
  • SmashmasterSmashmaster Tera IncognitaSilver Member Posts: 809
    Those are both good hypothesis to explore, but I favor the "system level explanation" hypothesis.

Why?  It would appear that they are the one's who go searching for answers, and aren't particularly interested in politically correct blue pill constraints when they find something that fits the reality they are encountering.

Course, you don't have to be an *NT* to go looking for answers, but I where you go looking and what you think will be an answer would be impacted by whether or not you are an *NT*.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." -Albert Einstein

"Momma said that the Forrest part was to remind me that sometimes we all do things that, well, just don't make no sense." -Forrest Gump

[Deleted User]PhoenixDownLiquidSoundAngeline
    cinnamon said:
    Don't forget reporting bias.

INTJs loooooooove putting themselves and others into little boxes. This is why I own multiple antique card catalogs as furniture.
    Oh, yeah, Im very much aware of that.  I think all *NT*s like to put labels on things.

Pup
  • williewillie Oklahoma Silver Member Posts: 518
    INTJ squared for me.  Didn't really need to take the test for that...
    SmashmasterPhoenixDownLiquidSoundAngeline
  • technovelisttechnovelist usaSilver Member Posts: 488
    edited February 2013
    E 78%  N 88% T 50% P11%

I'm not surprised at the preponderance of NT's here, by the way; that was pretty clear from the general logical tone of discussions.

It's also clear that the IQ's of most of the posters are WAY above 100, again from the quality of discussion.

SmashmasterPhoenixDownAlphaBelle[Deleted User]
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited February 2013
    Now you made me curious...

I took the thest and scored ENFJ
    Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(75%)  iNtuitive  Feeling(12%)  Judging(44%)

Never heard of that typology before. Must look into it, sounds interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    SmashmasterPhoenixDownshanna_banana[Deleted User]
  • AngelaAngela Silver Member Posts: 592
    @Kristen is right; I am INFJ. Looks like I am in fascinating company.
    The *N** trend is really overwhelming, it's so much more overt then I thought it would be.

I find it so interesting that I am a more common type in the "real world", but all by my lonesome on MMSL!
    (as a "provider" ESFJ)
    So, @shanna_banana, as one of 2 self identified *S** on the boards, what brought you to MMSL?  I did a quick check of your posts, and didn't see anything that would answer that question.

Also, @LL80, same for you.  I got to know why the two "oddballs" got here.

Betterlatethannever
    edited February 2013
    I'm ISTG...figures ;~)
    Bucking the trend, ok be that way.  :)

What is an ISTG, specifically, the G part?  J?

• LL80LL80 USASilver Member Posts: 3,309
    I only came up 1% in favor of S over N.  But just looking at some sensing characteristics:

• Concrete
    • Realistic
    • Lives in the present
    • Aware of surroundings
    • Notices details
    • Practical
    • Goes by senses
    • Factual
    I some what disagree with my living in the present since lately I keep worrying about the future, but I am very practical and realistic.  I used to be a lot more idealistic but that has slowly been beaten down.  Perhaps my coming here is an effort to make the idealistic the realistic?
  • sappersapper Silver Member Posts: 1,645
    @LL80, focusing on the now sets the stage for your future

Being here is helping with your future. Imagine what would be if you hadn't found this place
    buzz4500@yahoo.com
    Angeline
    LL80 said:
    I only came up 1% in favor of S over N. 
    Don't read too much into such a even split.  You will pretty much go with whatever idea or fact seems appropriate or important at the time.

• neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    Put me down for ISTJ.
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
  • LL80LL80 USASilver Member Posts: 3,309
    Kristen said:
    @LL80 - I'll help you figure out what you are if you'll answer these questions:

Would you say that your thinking is systematic (step-by-step) or Scattered? Do you usually like to have a plan?  Do you make connections between unrelated topics? Are you reliable? Are you good at telling people what do do (being a leader)? Do you thrive in the certainty or uncertainty of life? Are you mostly consistent or do you try to be as consistent as possible? Is it more common for you to make decisions based on a hunch (gut feeling) or  after gathering enough information?
    Some of these I can't even pin down, like whether my thinking is scattered or step by step, or making connections on unrelated topics.  I'm definitely reliable.  I don't like being a leader but looking back it seems like that role often falls on me and I can handle it.  I like certainty and consistency. Decisions are probably made more based on gathering enough information.
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    I can fake ENTF really well! 

It's interesting to me how many INTJ's there are. It's also interesting that we all tend to be married to ENT*'s, IIRC. 

AlphaBelleshanna_bananaScarletHannelore