Good forum for Christian women?

Natalie_LorinNatalie_Lorin Southern USSilver Member Posts: 979
edited February 2013 in Faith and Spirituality
Since I figure MMSL isn't the best place to post my "things my momma didn't tell me about pregnancy" questions/vent-fests I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent women's forum. I'd prefer Christian oriented, and I'd prefer some place that didn't exclusively talk about babies. Any suggestions?

Comments

• williewillie Oklahoma Silver Member Posts: 518
    I don't have a positive suggestions, but watch out for blue-pill thinking.  A lot of Christian sites are really "Churchian", and promote a strange blend of Christianity and feminism.  I went through a lot of bad "serve your wife" teaching that kept me frustrated for a long time.  

The "Evangelical American Princess" thing is really strong where I live - I shudder at the thought of being single again.
    MonafitandfunTPoke
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

Well if you haven't gotten it yet, it's very much worth buying this book.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting/dp/0761148574

It's pretty much the pregnancy bible.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

moabboundx1134x[Deleted User]Templar
  • moabboundmoabbound The Llanos of NMSilver Member Posts: 459
    That book ^^ is the shit. I read it when my wife was pregnant and so did she. It was awesome.

I think you could post your "things momma didn't" here at MMSL on the First Officers forum. Why strictly a Christian site?
    Persephone
  • Natalie_LorinNatalie_Lorin Southern USSilver Member Posts: 979
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the heads up. I know people talk about the intricacies of orgasm, but I wasn't sure about posting my "are these gas pains or ligament pains" questions on the forum @-)

As for Christian - simply my preference. I'm one of those boring testimony kids who grew up in church and then stayed. The most rebellious thing I ever did was switch from Baptist to Presbyterian.

@Willie

Yeah. I hear you. There's one women's forum I know of that is very "submit and serve your husband" oriented, but I stopped taking them seriously when one of the organizers of the group said they were "protecting" their daughter from the temptations of knowing how to drive. Seriously, if you think your daughter can't drive to the grocery store without losing all sense of propriety ~X( What is that? I don't even.....
    willieTemplarFlaming_Man_of_Iron
  • AnnaAnna Member Posts: 64
    @Natalie_Lorin, I'm snorting at your Baptist to Presbyterian continuum. My dad had the same story. I'm Presbyterian (PCA) and you betcha we drink at church functions! Makes my Dutch Reformed mother so squeamish.
    Templar
    Yep, PCA over here as well. I figured if I didn't tell our church group about our pregnancy soon they'd eventually figure it out based purely on my lack of wine consumption :))

(And I'm realizing that my smiley per post ratio is probably skewed way too high. It's just they're so much fuuuuuun.)
  • alcockellalcockell Reading, UKSilver Member Posts: 529
    There's always Christian Nymphos and MonogaBliss - which are MUCH closer to the "lay hubby like tile" model over here...

• LHKLHK USASilver Member Posts: 319
    There is also "The Marriage Bed" forum. Generally speaking, a good group of people from a wide range of denominations.

LHK
  • NomadNomad Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 313
    The Marriage Bed has some decent stuff -- my wife actually liked it, too (go figure!).  She said she hated Taken In Hand, and thought it was overly patriarchal and old-fashioned (although for some strange reason, after she told me what she thought of it, she seemed eerily giddy for the next half hour, which is NOT like her at all!).  Never checked out Christian Nymphos or MonogaBliss -- BRB...    :D

"I'm done getting angry about things, so I can either laugh, or I can cry.  I choose to laugh." -- Mandrill

"Play to your own strengths, not to some pre-determined script of what a 'dominant male' looks like, and the rest will follow." -- Serenity

"Master your own sexuality and you master hers." -- KatherineKelly
  • KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    kinda weird how the Christian threads are rising from the grave
    AngelineNatalie_Lorin
  • alcockellalcockell Reading, UKSilver Member Posts: 529
    @nomad, did CN or MB give some ideas?  :D

This is a blast from the past.