I think this category should be a bigger part of this forum.

2»

Comments

• legatolegato Member Posts: 5
    I just think it would be helpful to share ideas and experiences from a spiritual perspective, especially for those spiritually inclined. Spirituality has been instrumental in my own Red Pill journey. It's not my intent to try to proselytize.
  • practicallyperfectpracticallyperfect Member Posts: 103
    edited March 2013

• practicallyperfectpracticallyperfect Member Posts: 103
    edited March 2013

• Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

legato said:
    I just think it would be helpful to share ideas and experiences from a spiritual perspective, especially for those spiritually inclined. Spirituality has been instrumental in my own Red Pill journey. It's not my intent to try to proselytize.

The true spiritual work of the forum is most cleanly located in the 911 Category.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

JellyBean
  • legatolegato Member Posts: 5
    Athol_Kay said:

legato said:

The true spiritual work of the forum is most cleanly located in the 911 Category.

I think the entire forum is spiritual.
    ichabod
    legato said:

legato said:

I think the entire forum is spiritual.

Discuss spiritual viewpoint after help in 911.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• DrumHornDrumHorn AustinSilver Member Posts: 1,634
    Hmm...it appears this user account was created moments before this thread was created. Me thinks this user is actually a regular user on this forum who wanted to voice their opinion on this subject anonymously.
    DrumHorn said:
    Hmm...it appears this user account was created moments before this thread was created. Me thinks this user is actually a regular user on this forum who wanted to voice their opinion on this subject anonymously.

Doesn't have a matching IP address to anyone else. Likely just trolling.

Which is of course why I suggested they actually help, because nothing drives the goats out of the sheep pen faster than asking them to provide an actual productive and usual service for someone else.

• PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    @Athol_Kay Off topic, but I dig the icon change.  :-B

Athol_Kay[Deleted User]
  • pastorgeekpastorgeek Dodgeville, WI. USASilver Member Posts: 752
    Athol_Kay said:

Which is of course why I suggested they actually help, because nothing drives the goats out of the sheep pen faster than asking them to provide an actual productive and usual service for someone else.

That's the truth!

"Get slim, get fit, be manly! But mostly, be the guy your wife thought she was marrying!" - me.

Now blogging at simonpeter.org

Athol_Kay
  • pastorgeekpastorgeek Dodgeville, WI. USASilver Member Posts: 752
    @Athol_Kay Off topic, but I dig the icon change.  :-B
    Cue complaints about ruining a second movie! :-)

"Get slim, get fit, be manly! But mostly, be the guy your wife thought she was marrying!" - me.

Now blogging at simonpeter.org

PhoenixDown
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    @pastorgeek If there's a shirtless scene If it's as good as the Avengers, I'm in.

And Iron Man 3? Shut up and take my money.

JellyBeanLL80Raspberry_roseLiquidSound
  • williewillie Oklahoma Silver Member Posts: 518
    edited March 2013
    Chimpy said:
    legato said:
    Who said it had to be resticted to Christian faith?
    No body. Its just that seems to be the way its going. And nothing personal but not all christians have a very positive view of other forms of faith and spirituality
    Most Christians are generally nicer to people of other/no faiths.  The real nasty stuff in history is between different sects - Reformation, Shia vs Sunni, etc.  As I occasionally tell new believers, if you think Christians love each other, you aren't active in your church.  

I've never read the rules to post here, but the vibe is very pragmatic and helpful, with debate limited to esoteric geek topics.  And an expectation to be helpful, which makes it a great place to hang out.  

Edit: just thought of the XKCD cartoon of the guy in front of the computer telling his SO he can't come because "someone on the internet has a wrong opinion".  Got tired of that about a decade ago.  

@Legato is a previously banned member here to troll. 

• JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    legato said:
    Just my opinion.
    In what sense do you mean that you think it should be a bigger part of this forum?
    Enneagram type 9w1
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    I am glad there is a forum here for matters of faith and spirituality, primarily so I don't have to deal with it on the other parts of the forum that I find more interesting.  I am someone who was harmed by religion, and I find it very frustrating to deal with people who try to excuse it, or to say that the people who harmed me with their religion weren't really "in tune with the holy spirit" or whatever crap excuse they come up with.

I have no desire to mix it up with the religious types, or to try to convince anyone that I am right and they are wrong.  People should be free to believe whatever they like.

"Religion is like a penis.  It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around, and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat."
    Enneagram type 9w1
  • never_surrendernever_surrender Silver Member Posts: 176
    @Chimpy It's already flagged as the "Faith and Spirituality" category so people who are disinterested or offended can avoid it.
  • never_surrendernever_surrender Silver Member Posts: 176
    legato said:
    I have found Keith Moore to be the toop speaker of the this day and the materials are all free.  I recommend the series The wisdom of God, The love command and Marriage enrichment 2005   
  • ArlequinArlequin inSaneDiegoSilver Member Posts: 1,391
    Chimpy said:

legato said:

Who said it had to be resticted to Christian faith?

No body. Its just that seems to be the way its going. And nothing personal but not all christians have a very positive view of other forms of faith and spirituality

That's because you're all going to Hell...