Night Club Question

mdhppmdhpp Member Posts: 37
So I am dating a girl and we have been together for about 18 months. We are both 25. I recently read MMSL and noticed that I have been making some huge mistakes that led to her losing attraction and us going on a break. After reading MMSL I started throwing in some good alpha and being more assertive. This has lead to us ending the break and giving things another shot. 

This weekend we plan on going out to a dance club  and she told me some of her girlfriends are going to be there too. The night club has multiple floors with different styles of music. She is really into hip hop and although I enjoy it as well, sometimes I like to mix it up with a little trance/pop etc.. So we were talking about our plans and I told her that I want to check out the other floors. She doesn't like them so I said she can just chill with her girlfriends while I go listen to music on the other floor if she wants. ( I would rather go listen alone then have someone with me who obviously doesn't like the music)

She was surprised and said, "Oh you would do that, I guess I have to go find another guy to dance with." I told her no she can chill with her friends but I don't want her grinding on some other dude. She kept trying to change my mind, but I remained firm. She even said oh, "well you didn't mind before," and honestly I didn't. However, now I have a clearer view of how I want things to run in our relationship. I was assertive and put my foot down. She said she didn't want to be restrained. So I told her I'm not restraining you, but if you want to be with me you will respect me. 

She agreed and we did a little flirting, which we hadn't done in the past 5 weeks, and then I hung up and went to bed.

Did I handle that properly? Is there anything I should do better in the future? At the night club should I just let her chill with her friend on a different floor, or bring her with me to the trance floor?
Neanderthal2000Serenity

Comments

• powsnobpowsnob Member Posts: 31
    I think you did very well. At the club do what you said you would do. Go to the trance level on your own if no one wants to come. I would try leading her up there. Just take her by the hand and go. It probably would work best if you dance with her at the hip hop floor for a bit and then tell her it's your turn now and lead her to where you want to go. This shows alpha and beta.
    TedD
  • mdhppmdhpp Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the advice.

I will give it a shot and see how it goes.
    Thanks RedPillNewb. I wouldn't go that long just like 15 minutes or so because I like hip hop too. Just like a break every now and then. Hope it all works out.
    It went okay. There was a bump or two but I think I handled it okay. First bump as we were leaving she saw a guy who she shares mutual friends with and just ran off to talk to him without saying anything or introducing me. So I got her attention, while she was still talking, and I told her don't be rude. If your going to go talk to someone and I'm with you there should be some sort of introduction.

We left and she was in a bad mood because I interrupted her when she was talking. Then she said, "your smothering me. I want to just dance sexy by myself but you kept wanting to dance with me. " I told her I didn't come here to dance by myself I came to spend time with you. If that's a problem then tell me before i come because I don't like wasting my time.

I explained my position directly, and without letting myself get caught up in emotion. I had a strong frame and didn't back down. She went to bed slightly annoyed at me. But I didn't let it bother me. The next 2 days we had sex 3 times. One time she even initiated it.

So it wasn't perfect but I showed her that things are going to be different and I think it had an overall positive effect.

Neanderthal2000hopingformorepowsnob[Deleted User]
  • hopingformorehopingformore Member Posts: 666
    Wow- you handled those bumps perfectly!

mdhppNeanderthal2000[Deleted User]
  • powsnobpowsnob Member Posts: 31
    Nice work.  Life is full of a lot of bumps.  It depends on how you handle them and it sounds like you did a great job.  Women love boundaries.