Pictures - Fitness Inspiration Edition

Comments

• newredpillrecruitnewredpillrecruit Lego LandGold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,328
    Scarlet said:
    Can someone explain the pilot one?  
    Pilotfriend.com:

"A turn is a combination of several aerodynamic factors. Individually each factor has both positive effect and negative effect. Beginning with the ailerons the inside aileron goes up and decreases lift that lowers the wing while the outside aileron goes down and increases the lift that raises the outside wing. We now have roll. Along with raising the wing the outside aileron just by increasing the lift also creates drag. Parasitic drag that is. This drag is a negative that tends to swing the nose away from the turn. This is yaw... Adverse yaw, that is. The combination of roll and drag is called coupling. With roll you get yaw. The speed or rate of your roll entry, by affecting the relative winds of the two wings, causes additional but slight adverse yaw. 

Without coordinating rudder to counter any adverse yaw the aircraft is in a slip. The lower wing is faster and moving forward and rising with the increased lift. The relative wind weakly moves the vertical stabilizer away from the turn effectively moving the nose into the turn and reducing the slip."

I asked someone I know that is a pilot and he said that with a stalled prop (like in the picture) you would be using your legs (rudder) to fight to keep the plane level (assuming the other prop is running).

He also said that affecting a turn as described above would be exceptionally difficult because of the lack of assistance from the motor that "pulls" you into a turn. So the force required by your legs to turn the plane would certainly make you grateful for strong legs.
    Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. - Niccolo Machiavelli 

My wife is on the forum as sweet_avenue

ScarletSaigoTakamori
  • ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    I had no idea legs were even involved in flying a plane!  The things you learn here.   :)
    Speak your truth. 
    newredpillrecruitSaigoTakamoriPurple
  • MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869
    "If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

• RapunzelRapunzel Very High TowerSilver Member Posts: 1,503
    image.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 595K

When the going gets tough apply lipstick.

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions. ~ Steve Maraboli

newredpillrecruitBourneAgain[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    imagesCASLDYX1.jpg
    370 x 136 - 4K
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    PirouetteAngeline
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    Mmmm, yoga.

Enneagram type 9w1
    BourneAgainAngelineWinterRapunzel

Enneagram type 9w1
    BourneAgainAngelineRapunzel
  • SilvanisSilvanis Savannah, GASilver Member Posts: 50
    JellyBean said:

I'm not sure that's yoga. Looks more like he's praying to be rescued from that position ;)
    AngelinespartacusVerethragna
    Enneagram type 9w1
    Bigglesworth[Deleted User]MariaShepard
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    image.jpg
    640 x 640 - 141K
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    SaigoTakamoriRapunzel
    image.jpg
    579 x 535 - 49K
    Enneagram type 9w1
    MaterStellieRapunzel
  • BourneAgainBourneAgain Gold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,660
    Story of David Smith, Scottish Paralympian. Awesome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/get-inspired/32985068

"Keep practicing the behaviors you want to reinforce. You will gradually change the wiring in your brain." - Serenity

"The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions." - Steve Maraboli  (via Rapunzel)

"Choose to enjoy the shit that makes up your life."  - AlphaBelle

Enneagram type 9w1
    KickboxerShepard
  • IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    For those of toy who like to work up a good sweat...
    01664f851060111310609c6a207493ba.jpg
    236 x 165 - 11K
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    Ive been seeing a lot more people around my age on one of these. 

I refuse use to be one of them! Real good motivation for leg day
    image.png
    640 x 1136 - 516K