Ohhh!! I get it! I finally understand!

Comments

• MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323

JellyBean said:
    I'm having trouble picturing this look.  Help a sister out with some pictures, pretty please? :)
    I'm thinking this:

Tunika "Carmen" aus Öko-Baumwolle       Kleid "Balotra" aus Öko-Baumwolle   Tunika "Skymningssång" aus Leinen  Tunika "Ibis" aus Lyocell-Baumwolle
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    Timitz
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    Or this
    image   image  image
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    TimitzPhoenixDown
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Maria said:

JellyBean said:
    I'm having trouble picturing this look.  Help a sister out with some pictures, pretty please? :)
    I'm thinking this:

Tunika "Carmen" aus Öko-Baumwolle       Kleid "Balotra" aus Öko-Baumwolle   Tunika "Skymningssång" aus Leinen  Tunika "Ibis" aus Lyocell-Baumwolle

Those are very pretty. The pink one on the right is a bit short though, if the skirt was below the knee it would be lovely.
  • Hamster_FreeHamster_Free presentSilver Member Posts: 1,160
    So, along this line...I've been unemployed since March, so in between job hunting and child minding, I've been tackling those home projects that have been laying idle for over a year.  Which means I'm in a constant state of getting dirty, which means there's little point in putting on the Navy dress with the silver ballet flats. 

Lately, the last week or so, I've been watching back episodes of Mad Men for retro interior references--and of course got hooked on the soap in the meantime.  Am I ever glad there are a few years to catch up on..  and in one plot line, diva housewife (Betty Draper) gets wind that high powered alpha husband is likely having an affair (Don) and goes into a pit of depression and stops with the Grace Kelly look and starts with the completely unmade up January Jones look.  *OH*.  THAT'S the visual difference.  I actually stopped during that scene and looked myself up and down.  Yup.  i was there.

HOWEVER...

I do not have the financial resources to hire an interior decorator or to have 'my girl' come and clean and take care of the kids so I can prance about in pearls all day.  I also really like the painting/building/fixity work that requires me to dash out to Home Depot in somewhat mucky clothes because there's ABSOLUTELY no point in wasting 20-30 minutes on either side of the errand to 'put on my face' just to take it off again when I get back in 10 minutes.   DH has illustrated multiple times this week that if he's wearing clothes he cares about when doing messy things, the clothes he cares about will get messy (cue pissy fit because of a drop of paint on a four year old tee shirt..followed by his removal of himself from the activity because he's so torn up about the damned shirt.  Which is actually ok with me because then I can enjoy getting it done without the micromanagement.).

So yeah, I haven't been working the wardrobe girl game.  I have been fixing up the house...not sure if that's girl game or slightly intimidating encroaching on man game, but...meh.  I'm done caring.  I'm making MY house a place *I* enjoy being...and meanwhile hoping  for my credit space to last until I get hired so I can pay them down again.

BLUF--I definitely need to work on my wardrobe girl game..but as is always said, for me, not for him.  Beyond the cordial peck on the cheek and goodbye-for-the-day smooch, he's not giving me the time of day anyway.  Might as well amp up the pretty so *I* enjoy looking at me..and others looking at me too.  I'm mid-30s, so the pretty isn't gone, but it is a little buried, so I need to shore up that breach now before it's too late. 

Thanks for reminding me.  :)

Angeline
  • ChimpyChimpy Member Posts: 2,559
    I see this with women ALL THE TIME. They have decided that what they are or what they do defines them and should be enough, right up till the moment when they try and turn the charm on to some bloke and its like trying to light a fire with wet wood. Followed by a bitch fit becuase the bloke didn't find the sack of shit look sexy. 

That and the way they look at the fat bloke in the trakky bottoms and sneer about how he looks
    8-|
    PurpleTimitz
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    Savage said:

My wife does not take this level of care for herself, and TBH, it's a DLV even though I try...try...to ignore it.  She's in hospital scrubs 99% of the time.  When she does dress up it's to go to work.  When she goes out on "date night" she wears some hippie/feminist I'm a badass outfit that's cute, but not feminine.

When we are out, I feel like people look at us, and don't quite get it.  It's just a little....off.  One year ago, it fit a lot better, but I can see the girls looking at us and see the quizzical look in their eyes.  She has a very sexy body, but she hides it.....under layers.  Or in v neck tshirts that are boob shows, but nothing to go with it that screams class.

But...I remember one expo that I was working a booth.  We were dating.  It was 10 years ago.  My wife got dressed up to the 9's and did ever little detail of her makeup, her outfit, clear down to the high level boots.  I was sitting there minding my own business, and she came into the expo.

I didn't expect her, I didn't know she was coming.  But when she walked through the door, I will NEVER forget how she looked.  How EVERY guy in the place turned towards her.  She walked down the aisle and I swear it was slow motion.  Sashaying hips and everything.  She walked straight to our booth and sat down in my lap and gave me a huge kiss.

There wasn't a guy there that wasn't jealous, and there wasn't a girl in that building that wasn't looking me over all of a sudden. 

I felt like fucking King Kong.  Pre-marriage, I knew my value.

That was 10 years ago, and I'll never forget that moment. 

I'm ready to feel that again. 

Perhaps part of your State Your Expectations should be a printout of this (do not dilute it in any way) and a gift card to go shopping with you for feminine clothes.

It won't go over unless it stings a much as this post should. That is a terrible indictment of her bait and switch, lack of effort approach to the marriage.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    PhoenixDown
  • TimitzTimitz Silver Member Posts: 820
    Louise said:

Maria said:

JellyBean said:

I'm thinking this:

Those are very pretty. The pink one on the right is a bit short though, if the skirt was below the knee it would be lovely.

If you say so... I just know sex isn't happening when my wife wears that stuff.
    "You must be like water which always seeks the easiest and best path around obstacles." Sun Tzu
    RapunzelAngelineLiquidSound
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    edited June 2013
    If I'm gonna be doing something super messy, I'll wear my yoga pants and t-shirt, but I make sure I change into something pretty about 30 minutes to an hour before he comes home (or before I go out). Cooking after that happens in a cute apron. :) There are some super adorable retro aprons on Etsy.com.

Only exception is weekend mornings, we both slack off then.

RapunzelNeanderthal2000shanna_bananaDaveBowman
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Timitz said:
    Maria said:

JellyBean said:
    I'm thinking this:

If you say so... I just know sex isn't happening when my wife wears that stuff.

Well, I've never yet found any clothes that puts my husband off having sex with me. we are usually naked when we do that anyway, so the clothes are irrelevent by that time. i think some men are more easily put off than others.
    Neanderthal2000AngelineSouthPawPurple
  • TimitzTimitz Silver Member Posts: 820
    @Louise
    You misunderstand. Those clothes mean she's going to put up more resistance to sex, and is actively trying to discourage my interest. I've rarely had a good outcome on a grandma dress day. Most of the girls I know wear those types of clothes when they are on their periods or doing girls night type stuff anyway so its usually wiser to take it for the "not tonight" it usually is.
    "You must be like water which always seeks the easiest and best path around obstacles." Sun Tzu
    Angeline
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    Savage said:

I think she actually HAS a couple of those outfits, and yes, that's dead on to the type of outfits she wears.  Whereas, this is what I like:

It looks like an easy outfit to pull off too ... I mean to accomplish.

It's good beta.
    Neanderthal2000LiquidSoundHamster_FreePurple
  • UnibewUnibew Member Posts: 116
    True That.
  • Hamster_FreeHamster_Free presentSilver Member Posts: 1,160
    MILF_in_Training made a comment on another thread about frugality working against a girl.  I'm totally there with the aprons.  They're flippin adorable and they cost money.  There's no way I'd want to get them messy! 

Can anyone do a workup of a really hot 'gettin my hands dirty' look that doesn't violate all rules of frugal common sense?

And fellas, is there any sort of SR compensatory bump for a missus who is doing awesome home improving things, even though dressed to get messy, or am I completely under the hypnotic stare of the Hamster?

*mental note*--I'm definitely going to have to look into this latina ninja girl game thing...