Ohhh!! I get it! I finally understand!

Comments

• PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    @hamster_free The cute apron I got from etsy was only about $20, if I recall correctly. Even cheaper if you find a pattern and make it yourself! :)

Hamster_FreeHildaCorners
  • Hamster_FreeHamster_Free presentSilver Member Posts: 1,160
    And another question/case study-

A while back, after reading here that I need to prime the primp and step out with my man, I did just that...and he got ticked at me for taking too long to get ready.  I asked him about it later, whether he appreciated the bump in effort for public appearance, and he said, "It was just (enter name of casual sit down dining establishment here)."  I took that to mean that the end result was not justifiable by the means.

In my dating years, I's frequently in a male-intensive environment and got numerous accolades for taking only minimal time to get ready, so this is how I've traditionally operated.  On thinking it over now, I realize that as a female in a male saturated area, all I really had to do was be a warm vagina to get IOIs, and the 'built for speed' tactic was efficient, but not necessarily a solid long term strategy.  Or maybe it was, considering that's what DH expects of me.

On the other hand, DH habitually takes at least 15 more minutes to get ready than I do.  Looking good when he goes out is very important to him, and he gets angry if he sees his hair as wrong and grumps at me for 'letting him out of the house looking like that'. 

I'm so confused. 
    Purple
  • AmiAmi Silver Member Posts: 300
    @Hamster_Free idk if you work or not, but if you go out on days that you are home (weekends) or if you stay home, try starting your get ready routine hours earlier than usual. If we are going out to something particularly dressy, like a Christmas party or anniversary date, I'll start doing my hair in the early afternoon when the kids are napping. If I have enough time I'll even do most of my makeup. Most of the time I still have to make the kids dinner and talk to the babysitter right before we leave, so I try to have hair and makeup done way before that. That way all I have left before we leave is putting on perfume, a dress, shoes jewelry, and lipstick. And it also saves me from the problem I almost always had when I did everything in one shot: not being happy with my hair and deciding to change it at the last minute.
    Hamster_FreeUnibew
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    Yeah... I don't think I'd ever wear something like those. Maybe if I were gardening. Even then, that's too much fabric.

MariaUnibewPurple[Deleted User]
  • UnibewUnibew Member Posts: 116

@MILF_in_training.  I'm sure there was some kindling wood to pick up for the fire.  Or that outfit seems to very appropriate for chopping and splitting wood.  I could guarantee there would be many observers that your chopping and splitting would help them get their own "wood".  I bet with a little practice you could sell tickets to the show of your talent.  By practicing in secret you would be able to know the size and kind of wood to choose to be able split in two every single time. 

I'm also there would be a certain quality to the "glow" that you would produce.  I can just see the formation of muscles you would get.  Then choose your outfit  to show off your best features.

I'm going to make it a point to get my wife to learn to split some wood as we have three acres of woodland.  I have the talent to print tickets and I have two axes already.  I envision one of those double-bladed axe heads.

HildaCornersPhoenixDownRapunzel
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    Ok, now I'll ask: What are hipsters, please?
    Some kind of next generation bohos?
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    shibari
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Louise said:
    Maria said:

JellyBean said:
    I'm having trouble picturing this look.  Help a sister out with some pictures, pretty please? :)
    I'm thinking this:

Tunika "Carmen" aus Öko-Baumwolle       Kleid "Balotra" aus Öko-Baumwolle   Tunika "Skymningssång" aus Leinen  Tunika "Ibis" aus Lyocell-Baumwolle

Those are very pretty. The pink one on the right is a bit short though, if the skirt was below the knee it would be lovely.
    Ugh.

100% Boner-killer.

well, I am very old and don't like wearing anything that ends above the knee, though I don't mind showing a bit of cleavage. The dress on the right is the kind of colour I like though, I like bright colours and patterns. My husband doesn't care that much what I wear so long as he can get his hand up it or down it. Underwear is his main interest.
    Unibew
  • TheatreMommyTheatreMommy CanadaSilver Member Posts: 959
    edited July 2013
    Funny. Those hippy pics are considered THE beautiful for where I lived in BC. I guess it all depends on social group. That is a skill. Learning to dress appropriately for your situation/company/location.
    Where I am, being in a nice cow girl outfit or dressing like a hottie from the Jersey shore or LA... that looks like you're in a halloween costume. It's all about the suits and the business attire here. Unes you're in a subculture, and then the goth look or whatever is hot. Great store in the Rideau Centre called Trivium... dead sexy.
    DaveBowman
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Angeline said:
    @Louise, don't play the elderly matron with us - I don't think you are even my age (55). One can dress pretty and flirty at any age, and not be seen as trying to relive their teens.

I'm 56. And the dress on the right in that picture does look pretty to me, though I would probably get one with a bit more cleavage, to keep my husband happy. i don't mind showing a bit of breast, but legs I am not easy with exposing.
    AngelinemrsozzyUnibew
  • DaveBowmanDaveBowman Member Posts: 5,823
    Funny. Those hippy pics are considered THE beautiful for where I lived in BC. I guess it all depends on social group. That is a skill. Learning to dress appropriately for your situation/company/location.
    Where I am, being in a nice cow girl outfit or dressing like a hottie from the Jersey shore or LA... that looks like you're in a halloween costume. It's all about the suits and the business attire here. Unes you're in a subculture, and then the goth look or whatever is hot. Great store in the Rideau Centre called Trivium... dead sexy.
    Ha ha BC granola girls... only the 22 year old hotties can pull that off, and not really even then.

It's a good thing MJ is really, really, cheap and available in BC. That's all I'm saying.

[Deleted User]pterodactylTheatreMommy
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530

shibari said:

@shibari said:

wrap pants
    My wife owns a pair of orange wrap pants who add a really graceful flowing appearance to her walk. The tightly wrapped upper part shows off her gorgeous ass quite nicely. I love it.
    Never associated it with hippies, though. Well, not much of 'em over here I guess ;)

There's a crapload of them still around here in California. I'm assuming you're in Europe?

I still prefer them to hipsters though.

Yep, I'm in Europe.
    Hippies always make me think of the girl on The Doors' "Strange Days" album (always wondered if she wears anything beneath her robe). ;;)
    Oh, and I associate it with one of the best Prepper books I ever encountered, "The Hippy Survival Guide To Y2K" from one cool guy in North Idaho. :ar!

Beware of those Preppers in North Idaho. Many of them still wear the Klan hoods.  :(

If you had said a handful of them, I'd agree. While people in the pandhandle of Idaho are mostly white and bigoted, the organized groups have been declining in numbers especially after some of the white power groups have moved their headquarters to other states.

Also, lots of people from other states have been moving in.
    It's good beta.
    Neanderthal2000shibari
  • KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    edited July 2013
    I don't have any idea what wrap pants even are.  

Also, the lady in the pink dress above looks like a cancer patient with that thing on her head.  
    BetaGeek[Deleted User]PhoenixDownpterodactyl
  • pterodactylpterodactyl PNWMember Posts: 127
    BetaGeek said:

Beware of those Preppers in North Idaho. Many of them still wear the Klan hoods.  :(
    If you had said a handful of them, I'd agree. While people in the pandhandle of Idaho are mostly white and bigoted, the organized groups have been declining in numbers especially after some of the white power groups have moved their headquarters to other states.

Also, lots of people from other states have been moving in.
    IMO,North Idaho is some of the most beautiful country on this earth, so if the neonazis keep the rest of y'all away...so be it. :P

Serenity, KTG, I'm guessing wrap pants are something like this...?

http://www.dharmatrading.com/Black_Bali_Rayon_Wrap_Pants/index.shtml