23 and single - what do I need to work on?

Comments

• JoannaJoanna GermanySilver Member Posts: 831
    edited July 2013
    @neen, I get the impression that men are extremely divided on the question of whether that kind of heel is hot or horrible. I have one pair of sandals (white) with that kind of heels, and one guy friend almost threw up when he saw them... while the other one was practically drooling. Weird!
    (ETA: personally I like them as long as they don't add too much height under the toes - that's kind of a useless place to add height, it doesn't make the legs longer, but still makes you taller...)
  • neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    edited July 2013
    Look at regional likes, I don't know what is popular where you live. I value my H's opinion, but don't take shoe advice from men unless they are gay.
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
    Angeline
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    I like big hair and I cannot lie.

Big curls -- increase your height, narrow and frame your face, look glamorous.
    It's good beta.
    JoannaWinterAngeline
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited July 2013
    neen said:
    Wouldn't cutting it make it look boxy?
    That's why she wants layers, none of which should be more than an inch and a half or so shorter than the overall length of the tresses.

I always ask for bangs that end right below the cheekbones to frame my face, then I want the hairdresser to slide down their scissors diagonally from the bangs to the lengths and cut layers into the sides.
    Credits for this style: Andrea Pomerantz Lustig: How to look expensive
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    Neanderthal2000JoannaAlphaBelleshanna_banana
    My vote is to put up a photo after a blow out before you cut.
    JoannaAngeline
    @Maria, I love how it looks on you but I'm a bit afraid it would drive me crazy to be able to see my own hair on the sides of my face (and have it block my view... does it do that?) all the time.
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited July 2013
    Joanna said:
    @Maria, I love how it looks on you but I'm a bit afraid it would drive me crazy to be able to see my own hair on the sides of my face (and have it block my view... does it do that?) all the time.
    I had to squint to find out, lol.
    No, it doesn't block my view, but I can see some strands if I actively concentrate on it. It's like wearing glasses, you only notice the rim of them when you pay attention to it.

ETA Your hair is longer than mine, so the layers will be cut further down. And just skip the bangs if you want your sides hair-free. I need them, because otherwise I look like a Cockerspaniel with my long, narrow face ;-)
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    Neanderthal2000JoannaAlphaBelle
    From her photos....a blow out seems appropriate. @maria
    @Maria, when my hair was shorter (chin-length) that happened All. The. Time. I looked like a sheep :D
    Now, it mostly just frizzes the way you saw on the last picture but not much more than that.
    I'm thinking the weight of it being longer may help.
    JoannaWinterAngeline
  • UnibewUnibew Member Posts: 116

@neen.  I apologize to you personally and to ALL the other posters about my use of the "Disagree" symbol.  I wondered why I never saw "Disagree" in all my time on MMSL.  I realize now that I should write out my disagreements to let others then educate me.  

I believe that to me it would be a definite challenge I find out what Marriageable qualities she might have.  I guess talking in person to her would be the answer.  It is hard to know what she would be like.  ...maybe a great welder with a great ponytail and some bangs or even a wood splitter.  I doubt that she would be into too much alcohol.  I bet she has one hell of a stamp collection.  And that would be enough for me.  I guess we'll never know. 

There are women that let me take their picture (when I ask) and tell them that if we were married I would make a pictorial folder of each change in hairstyle and outfit she would get.  While looking for official documents for retirement we needed a Marriage Certificate.  It wasn't in the Wedding Album but now I have to stare at her in her Wedding Gown on the refrig.  Why didn't they invent digitals back in the late 1960's and 1970's.  She is getting less resistant to my taking her photo in profile of course.  I want that time back--I want that woman back.   

Film cameras were such a problem because you never could be sure what your result would be.  But with the digital camera you just retake the photo.  My only camera is a Point-and-Shoot.  

I became famous as the resident photographer for Union Picnics and my reputation grew from there.  I even photographed a funeral and was situated where I was able to get the funeral director cranking the body down into the casket.  I told my friend that I had take close-ups of her Mother and she requested that I seal them in  separate envelope.

By the way.  @neen do you have a stamp collection?  

neenHildaCorners
    I was actually just teasing you! @unibew Although, I don't like the disagree's on my record. :D You can educate us with you responses so we can get to know you better. I like looking at stamps, but I don't have a collection.
    Unibew
    No more coconut oil for me ! :D
    Neanderthal2000WinterAlphaBelleAngeline
    I'm leaving for the summer festival in a few minutes, so won't be replying to any new posts until tomorrow...

@Neanderthal2000, long hair on guys can be awesome as long as it's taken care of properly. Most long-haired guys I've seen don't... so that's less competition for you :)
    Neanderthal2000HildaCornersLiquidSound
    Our work here is done. ;;)
    Neanderthal2000BetaGeekAlphaBelle