Cancer

AlphaBetaAlphaBeta PhillyMember Posts: 80
Monday we were devastated with news that my wife has been diagnosed with cancer. A mass was biopsied during a colonoscopy and she has been diagnosed with a rare but treatable GI cancer. The PET scan did not find any evidence of the cancer spreading, thank God.

We are meeting with 2 different oncologists this week and treatment (radiation/chemo) should begin shortly.

Please pray for her healing and for her doctors and technicians to perform at their very best.

Thanks

Comments

• MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    Oh, what a blow!
    Lots of strength and courage to the two of you!

One of my friends has been diagnosed with a GI cancer 10 years ago, in the course of a routine colonoscopy. She had surgery, was weak for about two weaks and recovered very quickly after that.
    It all went well and she's been cancer free since.

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
  • neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    edited August 2013
    I'm so sorry to hear this. You may want to pick up a Suzanne Somers book, she interviews MD's for her books. Wishing you health and happiness.
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    What difficult news to hear.

Thank heavens they found it before it spread.

Praying that you'll have the strength and courage to help your wife and family through this.
  • _io_io Silver Member Posts: 1,821
    So happy this was found early.  Keep praying for calm and strength to get you through this.
  • jessiejessie Member Posts: 172
    I'm terribly sorry to hear it.  I am very glad to hear it's treatable.  
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

Bleh.  :-(

Hang in there.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• Want2bFOWant2bFO Sultry SouthSilver Member Posts: 699

Be her hero,Stay strong,  You are flooded with prayers and positive thoughts for both of you.

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because like in the game of chess the Queen always protects her King" author unknown.    ( but you have to be the King first)

"I could die for you. But I wouldn't and couldn't live for you" Ayn Rand

• PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    Praying for you guys.

• AngelaAngela Silver Member Posts: 592
    Yes, praying for you both.
  • never_surrendernever_surrender Silver Member Posts: 176
    Been there... always be there for her, stay strong and keep your words positive. 
  • ElaineElaine Silver Member Posts: 1,580
    Praying for you both as well as the treating physicians.  Strongly suggest finding support groups.  You are going to need as much support as she will. 
  • liquidliquid Brooklyn, NYSilver Member Posts: 1,785
    Oh. Praying for both of you.
  • AlphaBetaAlphaBeta PhillyMember Posts: 80
    Thanks for all of your prayers.

She goes in tomorrow for the Proton radiation machine to map her treatment plan and get her first tattoo.

The doctors are very optimistic and she will be treated at one of the top hospitals in the world, so we feel blessed about that.

She should be done with treatment around the end of October. I will keep this thread updated.

Please continue to keep her and her doctors in your prayers. Thanks!
    SerenityMaterStellie
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    Thanks for the update.
    Keep strong!
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
  • RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    edited August 2013
    Prayers for both of you.  You didn't ask for advice, but I'll echo what @Elaine said - make sure counseling/therapy/support groups is part of your long term plans.  The emotional/mental component of cancer treatment and recovery can last far longer than the physical effects.

And for some humor...

AlphaBetaTemplarJellyBean