MrsJon's MAP

MrsJonMrsJon ColoradoSilver Member Posts: 466

I am doing my MAP a little different as I was getting overwhelmed with all the items in the different sections. Jon suggested I just work my way through the sections one at a time instead of stressing over it. So that’s what I am going to do for now. If it all starts to fall into place in a couple of months I can always readjust then. So here we go:

Section 1 - Health

I started a new diet plan and exercising a week ago. I have lost 30lbs, but have 25lbs more to go. So since last week I have eliminated the following Reds ;    Stop Slacking Off On Exercise,  Stop Eating Grains, Stop Drugging Yourself, Stop Eating Sugar, Stop eating processed food.  I lost 2lbs last week.

I am working on Yellows; Figure Out Your Medications, Manage Your Medical Care – I am on Wellbutrin for PPD. I am feeling so much better now and my energy levels are good, that I am considering coming off this. I am going to counseling once a week.

Based on the above, my goals for this week are:

Stick to meal/snack plans –no diet soda or junk food
Dance three times, Class on Wednesday, practice with DVD Monday and Friday.
Walk one mile on Tuesday and Thursday.
Go to counseling session-make list of things I want to bring up or discuss
Tell jon I love him once each day
Find one thing to thank jon for each day

The last two items don’t fit into this category,  they are from Relationship Care, I think. Jon has been doing these to me for about a week and it’s catching, so I want to do it to.

I have one other goal I want to add for today.

About an hour before jon gets home, I start feeling a low-level anxiety stirring in my belly. I fear his withdrawal, so when he does walk in the door, I hang back, can’t look at him, because if I look in his eyes, I will know. He will come up to me and say hi, hug me and then it’s ok. Last night we had a disagreement, and he didn’t hug and kiss me before he left this morning, so I have that anxiety swirling already. I am getting tired of it. So, here is my plan:
When I hear him pull in the driveway, go straight to the door to meet him, 
immediately look in his eyes, hug him and whisper “we are going to make it”
Just typing that and rereading it it sounds like it is too much. It is too bold for me. I just always want to put off looking into his eyes. I can tell instantly when it is cold/withdrawn jon, and then he is gone from me.

Well typing it up is the first step, if I can’t do it today, maybe tomorrow.  I know that goal doesn’t really belong in the health section. Not sure what section that would be in.

I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.  
       Anne Shirley - Anne of Avonlea

Marialiquid[Deleted User]SerenityLiquidSoundFleurAngelineHildaCornersWinterJoannaThe_DudeAlphaBelle[Deleted User]PirouetteJohn3scubasteveJules

Comments

• Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

I only focus on three things a week with my coaching clients...

http://marriedmansexlife.com/2013/07/what-are-your-three-monkeys/

I believe you are both struggling with a lot of negative emotion from your prior pattern of interactions.

@Jon didn't come to the forum because he doesn't love you.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

JellyBeanAlphaBelle
  • AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395

MrsJon said:

I have one other goal I want to add for today.

About an hour before jon gets home, I start feeling a low-level anxiety stirring in my belly. I fear his withdrawal, so when he does walk in the door, I hang back, can’t look at him, because if I look in his eyes, I will know. He will come up to me and say hi, hug me and then it’s ok. Last night we had a disagreement, and he didn’t hug and kiss me before he left this morning, so I have that anxiety swirling already. I am getting tired of it. So, here is my plan:
    When I hear him pull in the driveway, go straight to the door to meet him, 
    immediately look in his eyes, hug him and whisper “we are going to make it”
    Just typing that and rereading it it sounds like it is too much. It is too bold for me. I just always want to put off looking into his eyes. I can tell instantly when it is cold/withdrawn jon, and then he is gone from me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Well typing it up is the first step, if I can’t do it today, maybe tomorrow.  I know that goal doesn’t really belong in the health section. Not sure what section that would be in.

You really need to do this ASAP! Don't wait, don't rationalize, don't give in to fear...You two are caught in this negative feedback loop, and it needs to stop. To Bold? Not by a long shot! Too much is at stake to be timid about this. The time to be bold is now! And if We (Me and all of my forum buddies standing behind me :) ) hear that @Jon is being withdrawn...then I have this 2x4 here waiting...

Seriously though, just do it...and plant a kiss on him too! Us guys just love that stuff!

AngelineAlphaBelle[Deleted User]
  • TigerTiger SeattleCategory Moderator* Posts: 2,324
    Have you talked to Jon about this fear of him withdrawing? Is this something that he worries about too?
  • MrsJonMrsJon ColoradoSilver Member Posts: 466
    @Tiger ;  I just realized I only addressed one of your questions. Thinking about what jon worries about? I would bet he worries that one day he will come home to that crazy woman and the disgusting house and out of control kids again. It is definitely possible he has the same kind of anxiety that I do. I have been very selfish in only seeing this from my perspective.
    You are right, it is time for us to talk about this and help each other through.
    Thank you for your thoughtful questions and posts.

I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.  

TigerWinterAlphaBellePirouette
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    So glad you had the chance to get away this weekend!
    Time as a couple is sooo valuable, one feels reborn afterwards, doesn't one?

Your MAP sounds very reasonable, balanced and doable. The 4:00 call is a great idea and I think it's going to make you relax a bit more.
    All the best!
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.

@Tiger ; My Mom was the one that gave them the original Kindle that caused all the problems. So I can see jon's point of view on this. I just don't think my Mom really meant to cause harm. She most likely just wasn't thinking.

D7 did get plenty of other age appropriate gifts at the party, so she wasn't upset.

[Deleted User]
    edited September 2013
    The conversation will likely be a bit awkward, but you should probably do some mother management here. Help her understand what she did wrong and that she must think before exposing things to your children.  If she has any questions on if something is appropriate to let you know.

When she asks about something, thank her for checking with you and if you are not certain what Jon will say then it is perfectly reasonable to defer an answer until you talk to Jon and you and your husband can make a joint decision.

Parenting is hard enough without grandparents making things harder :)
    redheaded_woman

@Tiger ; Thank you, yes, not a fun conversation, but one that needs to happen. jon thinks the worst of her and I try to think the best of her, so we need to discuss and be united on this.

Thank you for all your good advice.

Glad to help @MrsJon.

Looked at in the correct light, this is pretty much a positive for your relationship and family.

1) Jon gets to be decisive and make good decisions (Display of High Value for him).
    2) Your daughter sees he parents overruling grandma so she knows who's in charge.
    3) You get to show Jon that you support his decision and followed through with your mother (Display of High Value for you).
    _ioredheaded_womanMrsJonliberty

@AlphaBelle ; Thank you for your encouraging comment. My week is going well so far. I hope yours is too.
    I really don't see myself as inspirational at all, but thank you for the compliment. After reading on the forum, I see so many strong women. I feel weak in comparison.

Yes, the whole avoiding closeness due to fear of xyz is just a nasty habit that trapped me into a continued negative cycle. I am lucky to have a really good therapist that is  helping me manage my way out of that.

I am trying to be as transparent as possible in my postings. There are some issues I am not comfortable mentioning or discussing, so I just omit those and they are on the back burner for now. I am focusing on the things I can change and improve on.

I am sorry you are struggling with avoidance/emotional issues with your husband. Wishing you luck in tackling it all this week.

MrsJon

AlphaBelleMaterStellie
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    Hey @MrsJon

You said in the post above:
    "I am focusing on the things I can change and improve on."

Of all the things I've seen on the forum the last couple of days, I NEEDED to hear that.

It's easy for me to get caught up in that whirlwind of things I really can't change or have no control over.

I need to take a step back and ask myself if X is a situation I can control or change and if not, let it go.

Lightbulb!!!

*-:)
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    MaterStellie
    @redheaded_woman ;    I agree, it is so easy to become overwhelmed when there are a lot of problems to resolve. I have read some of your posts. You seem like a very strong, energetic person. Good luck in resolving your marriage issues. I think we all need each other for support and encouragement.