Doctor Who Thread

Comments

• ozzyozzy TX USAGold Men Posts: 996
    Cool...  then build a K9 too....

The celery on lapel Dr. is the newest one I know lol

• SoundAndVisionSoundAndVision somewhere where it's still coldSilver Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2013
    Moon_Girl said:

Oh I dearly love Dr. Who!  I was hooked with the very first episode and was overjoyed when the show was continued, even if they did start the season numbers over.  :x

Love, Love, Love the show!  My husband doesn't fully understand the show but he tolerates my obsession. 

;))
    My wife really loves the show (I almost had to do a post on how she left me for 13 English dudes, but she came back to me once the Dr Who marathon was over :D  ) She's got me into following the new shows now too and doesn't mind explaining things to me.  The 50th anniversary special was awesome.

LiquidSoundMoon_Girl
  • ElliseEllise Member Posts: 186
    Wicked!

I started knitting a Four scarf last night. I estimate it'll take 5 years to finish.
    I'm about 1/2 through mine. It's going to be about 8-9', not 12'. That's enough scarf considering it freezes about three times a year here. 
    PhoenixDown
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    edited November 2013
    I thought of you crazy people when I got an All Posters catalog in the mail the other day.

allposters.com/-sp/3-Dimensional-Lifesize-Tardis-Dr-Who-Cardboard-Poster-Posters_i9383480_.htm

Tell 'em you want the printed catalog price of $172. Then ask for the 35% discount.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    PhoenixDownBetaGeekEllise
  • DaveBowmanDaveBowman Member Posts: 5,823
    Just saw the day of the doctor.

It was both the best and the worst doctor who, ever.

The best: the return of Tom Baker.

The worst: everything that made the new doctor great we just fixed with some multi-doctor handwaving.

At least they didn't fix everything with the sonic screwdriver. For once. And the two doctors were goddamn great together.

HildaCornersMoon_Girl
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    John Hurt was incredible too.
    It's good beta.
    PhoenixDownDaveBowman
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    I really need to rewatch it. I think I missed a lot of nuances, not having been caught up on the previous eps.

And I think I missed a lot of general plot detail being wowed by the awesome space battle in 3d.

Ellise
    edited November 2013
    I really need to rewatch it. I think I missed a lot of nuances, not having been caught up on the previous eps. And I think I missed a lot of general plot detail being wowed by the awesome space battle in 3d.
    I was actually a bit disappointed that the grand Dalek attack on Gallifrey looked a bit like "mars attacks."

I mean... it's the damn time lords. Not the time barons or the time dukes. They're lords. Of time.

And they got their assess handed to them by a bunch of pepperpots in 50's style saucers right out of "attack of the saucers." While the time lords are waiving around hand weapons. And besides, couldn't they all, like, leave or something? And aren't TARDIS' virtually indestructible?

And I seem to remember there not being 2.47 billion time lords at all. Weren't there, like, a few hundred living in a tower on Gallifrey or something?

AngelineLouiseLiquidSound
    You're thinking waaaay too hard. :P

DaveBowmanAngelineLiquidSound
    Apparently Tom Baker's original scarf grew over the course of the season, and had to be shortened for his next season.

Some forms of knitting stretch out of shape.
    http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com :D

Also, what's with calculations taking the screwdriver or the TARDIS hundreds of years to complete?

What are they, on a 286 with the "turbo" button not pushed in? 

And did someone not realize that they were running a little slow for 400 years and pulled up task manager or something?

Oh, and how does the Ultimate Weapon™ not violate the laws of time when it's... you know... violating the laws of time?

The same law that made it impossible for the doctor to go back and save Gallifrey or kill Davros when he was a baby or something?

Oh, and sandshoes.

PhoenixDownAngelineLouiseLiquidSound
    Because BAD WOLF.

ElliseDaveBowmanLiquidSoundHildaCorners
  • MaterStellieMaterStellie CanadaGold Women Zen Garden Posts: 1,136
    I just realized that I must live dead centre in the middle of the Australian outback, because I've never heard of this Dr. Who, and even Dave the Canadian Bowman has.
    LouiseLiquidSound[Deleted User]AlphaBelle
    MrsKenny2 said:
    I just realized that I must live dead centre in the middle of the Australian outback, because I've never heard of this Dr. Who, and even Dave the Canadian Bowman has.
    Well, I may not live in civilization, but at least I can see it from here...

Just kiddin'!

• MrBurgundyMrBurgundy UKMember Posts: 225
    My wife really loves the show (I almost had to do a post on how she left me for 13 English dudes, but she came back to me once the Dr Who marathon was over :D  ) She's got me into following the new shows now too and doesn't mind explaining things to me.  The 50th anniversary special was awesome.

Delurking for this.

It's 10 English dudes and 3 Scottish dudes.

OK? OK!

:P

[Deleted User]AlphaBelle
    13 British dudes.
    It's good beta.
    edited March 2014
    I went to Gallifrey One in Los Angeles with 3700~ people in February. It was a blast to meet Arthur Darvill, Billie Piper, Nicola Bryant, Paul McGann, and Colin Baker. Even better was geeking out about my favorite show with a bunch of other geeks.

Showing up at Gallifrey One makes me a super geek in the general population. Once there, I don't think I was even in the 40th percentile.
    It's good beta.
    PhoenixDownHildaCornersMoon_GirlLiquidSound
    edited March 2014

I really need to rewatch it. I think I missed a lot of nuances, not having been caught up on the previous eps.

And I think I missed a lot of general plot detail being wowed by the awesome space battle in 3d.

I was actually a bit disappointed that the grand Dalek attack on Gallifrey looked a bit like "mars attacks."

I mean... it's the damn time lords. Not the time barons or the time dukes. They're lords. Of time.

And they got their assess handed to them by a bunch of pepperpots in 50's style saucers right out of "attack of the saucers." While the time lords are waiving around hand weapons. And besides, couldn't they all, like, leave or something? And aren't TARDIS' virtually indestructible?

And I seem to remember there not being 2.47 billion time lords at all. Weren't there, like, a few hundred living in a tower on Gallifrey or something?

===================

Gallifreyans are the general population. Timelords are the dudes in the tower.

(Hopefully Dave will log in and see this.)

It's good beta.
    PhoenixDownMoon_Girl