What music are you listening to?

Comments

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    Version3 said:

BetaGeek said:

Tegan and Sara. I have loved them for about 8 years. Last concert with my wife, I was one of about 15% of the crowd that was male. Heterosexual males? I may have been one of about ten people in the room of about 500.

Saw them live last night, since they opened for fun. (No, literally for fun.) The merch tent cracked me up--there were a couple of shirts with both of them on it, but for most only one was on there so it seemed like you needed to declare a favorite. I would have a hard time saying one or the other.

I like Sara a little better than Tegan, but think they sound best together. They both have solo work as well.

It's good beta.
  • DaveBowmanDaveBowman Member Posts: 5,823
    BetaGeek said:
    Tegan and Sara. I have loved them for about 8 years. Last concert with my wife, I was one of about 15% of the crowd that was male. Heterosexual males? I may have been one of about ten people in the room of about 500.
    I partied a lot with these two before they became famous.

Righteous chicks.

• ozzyozzy TX USAGold Men Posts: 996
    Cake's Comfort Eagle and the soundtrack from the first Conan movie. Basil Polidouris!
    Then you'll like this:

I can't count the number of times I've had a VP walk into my office and "The Anvil Of Crom" is playing.
    FYI
    The Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is available on Rhapsody :)

DaveBowman
  • TedDTedD USAMember Posts: 1,587
    edited September 2013
    This has been stuck in my head all week:

But on my last walk I put on a mix of Depeche Mode's greatest hits.  And on my way into work this morning my alternative metal channel on Rhapsody. (Korn, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, etc.)

Still not a country fan though. LOL
    Version3
  • SugarAndSpiceSugarAndSpice Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 757
    Constant diet of Black Stone Cherry lately. I just discovered them and am head-over-heels.

Thank you @KillaHertz for helping me discover a new band! I'm digging it. Any particular album you recommend? I just started playing the first one I found on Spotify.

KillaHertz
  • KillaHertzKillaHertz Rollin' on 8Member Posts: 501
    @SugarandSpice Happy to help! I've been listening to Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, but the songs Please Come In and Blind Man are two of my favorites, off of Folklore and Superstition.
    Nobody believes your excuses except for you.
    Do not fear the first step into dark forests. Remember that halfway in begins the journey out.  ~Uncle S.
    Don't let the drama llama eat you. They eat anything, and their hunger never dies. ~Eric
    SugarAndSpice
    I just cranked up some Portishead. It's been sooooooooo long ... dreamy and mellow and delicious. It's great unwind music to me.

shibariButchHobson
  • MasterOfTheUniverseMasterOfTheUniverse USASilver Member Posts: 507
    edited September 2013
    I'm really all over the map with my music, but my new Song to Get Me Fired Up to Do Manly Things is Pacific Rim soundtrack - particularly the main theme.

• PatrockPatrock OhioSilver Member Posts: 485
    Avicii - "Wake Me Up" has been a daily listen for about a month

-------------------------------
    Eat. Sleep. Mate. Defend.
    Version3[Deleted User]
  • PatrockPatrock OhioSilver Member Posts: 485
    Also, I may have a crush on Lindsey Stirling. Totally music related though. Totally...

-------------------------------
    Eat. Sleep. Mate. Defend.
    [Deleted User]AlphaBelleThe_D_Word
  • Version3Version3 Silver Member Posts: 1,906
    JCUK said:
    Echo and the Bunnymen, Porcupine LP last night, today it's a first listen to Au Revoir Simone's new LP, Let the Night Win (electro pop from NYC) and this afternoon it'll be some First Aid Kit (Swedish Country/Folk)
    Every once in a while I run into the Arctic Rocks show on Sirius and there's usually a gem of a tune or group in there. Always surprises me.

"The pain of discipline is a tiny thing compared to the pain of regret."

It's an obstacle. Get over it.

• neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    Coffee House on XM in the car this morning. :)
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
    Modest Mouse today.

P.S.: Thanks for starting this thread, getting so many new music ideas from it.

Version3[Deleted User][Deleted User]neen
  • Version3Version3 Silver Member Posts: 1,906

Ran into one old song in particular that I'm obsessed with : Summertime by My Chemical Romance. Funny how these things can slip by us in the first place, and then be such a revelation later.

Kudos to Spotify for providing a free means to listen through back catalogs!

"The pain of discipline is a tiny thing compared to the pain of regret."

It's an obstacle. Get over it.

[Deleted User]
  • tinbangertinbanger Ontario, CanadaSilver Member Posts: 103
    Seems like I'm a bit of a throwback for music (and preference in cars). Most of the music I'm into comes from the late 60's early 70's. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CCR. 

Actually, this got me thinking about a Bob Seger song I was listening to on my way up to school Sunday night. "Like a Rock". I don't know how many times I've heard it, but this was the first time I really took notice to the lyrics. Seems like it could be one of us Nice Guys (before the Red Pill), looking back on their youth that was filled with an Alpha-strong frame.

husband, father, tinbanger extraordinaire
    playtripper
  • bigred0721bigred0721 Austin TXSilver Member Posts: 125
    Sex Pistols, Hank William, Pat Green, Neil Young and The Boss, all on my 45 minute walk this evening.
    You want it, You take it, You pay the price
    The Boss
    Version3playtripper
  • neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    This was on FB.....SM so adorable. Enjoy!
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Ms_Fit said:
    It's been a Beastie Boys kind of day....
    EVERY DAY is a Beastie Boys kind of day....

Today working out:  one of my favorites, Helmet's Meantime, first 4 tracks.   Also some tracks from Boris' Pink, because who doesn't like Black Sabbath-esque Japanese punk-metal? 
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?