What music are you listening to?

Comments

• alcockellalcockell Reading, UKSilver Member Posts: 529
    Actually - how many of Huey's tracks refer to a C/FO marriage, especially on Fore?

Whole Lotta Lovin' definitely suggests a trip to pound town when he returns home from tour...

Oh - to the Brits here-  BBC4 are rerunning the John WIlson Film Music Prom from this year...
    On as I type..

• Monkeys_UncleMonkeys_Uncle RuralGold Men Posts: 4,045
    A little Christmas blues for you courtesy of EC.

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

Christmas cheese airing on BBC4...

• Version3Version3 Silver Member Posts: 1,906
    edited December 2013
    Sufjan Stevens complete holiday catalog on shuffle.

Just finished the Straight No Chaser "Christmas Cheers" CD. Here's one of the best from that

(No idea how to embed)

"The pain of discipline is a tiny thing compared to the pain of regret."

It's an obstacle. Get over it.

• DaveBowmanDaveBowman Member Posts: 5,823
    edited December 2013
    I'm really into the cure right now. 

This song will forever be ingrained in my psyche:

The year: 1989. The place: hip cool private alternative dance club.

The guy: 18 year old davebowman that's very recently discovered hallucinogenic fungi chased by way too many beers. 

So this girl drags me on to the dance floor when this song starts playing. I'm way too drunk and stoned to actually dance, so I just kinda sway to the music and try to not freak out -- the movement of the people on the packed dance floor is way too much for my mind to try to track and keep track of. It was literally painful so I close my eyes. 

Unbeknownst to me, this club had a habit of dropping down projection screens around the dance floor and showing videos. I'm standing right in front of one of them, and they start playing the video for this song. Feeling heat on my face, I open my eyes and see a bright shining light, and literally think I've died and am looking into the face of god.

I look down, and there are trains going through my chest, projected onto my plain white t-shirt.

My mind explodes, and I look further down and realize that the girl that dragged me onto the dance floor is now going down on me... trains are going into my chest as I'm going into her mouth and people are moving and it's so packed that no one can tell except my shocked friends that are looking on from the side of the dance floor.

Talk about a mind opening experience... my brain broke open like an over-ripe watermelon and I've never been the same since.

I don't remember much of the rest of that night, but I'm sure I had a good time.

shibari
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited December 2013

This song will forever be ingrained in my psyche.

The guy: 18 year old davebowman that's very recently discovered hallucinogenic fungi chased by way too many beers. 

So this girl drags me on to the dance floor when this song starts playing. I'm way too drunk and stoned to actually dance,......

And  I stopped reading here.
    You know I have an 18ear old son?   
    :-O  %-(  X_X
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    DaveBowmanshibari
    edited December 2013
    Maria said:

This song will forever be ingrained in my psyche.

So this girl drags me on to the dance floor when this song starts playing. I'm way too drunk and stoned to actually dance,......

And  I stopped reading here.
    You know I have an 18ear old son?   
    :-O  %-(  X_X
    Hey, I was a wild, stupid, idiotic, lucky kid that came of age in the 80s. I won't mention the sunday morning my mom found a girl in my bed, or how old I was, or how old the girl thought I was.

I'm sure your son is way smarter and wiser than I.

One consolation: once I got my ya-yas out, I really had no need to go back to the party scene any more.

shibari
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    edited December 2013
    What kind of music is most associated with putting out on the first date?

http://blog.tastebuds.fm/coldplay-fans-least-likely-to-have-sex-on-first-date/

(If correlation equals causation in this case, we should be forcing our children to listen to a lot of Coldplay!)
    imageimage

If you like Coldplay, Adele, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry, who are you?  A girl.

If you like Gorillaz, Linkin Park, Metallica, and Nirvana, who are you?  A boy.

Who is more likely to admit to wanting to have sex on the first date?  A boy.  Boom.  Science!  (Note to self -- be suspicious of the results of an association study which purports to show a significant relationship between two variables but which is not contain the language, "matched for gender and age.")
    Enneagram type 9w1
    DaveBowmanVersion3shibari
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited December 2013
     I won't mention the sunday morning my mom found a girl in my bed, or how old I was, or how old the girl thought I was.

I won't ask. I won't ask.

Okay, I'll ask. How old were you?
    *Bracing for the answer*

I'm sure your son is way smarter and wiser than I.

Probably.
    A couple of days ago his girlfriend materialized for breakfast in our living room. Our daughter swore she had come to visit her around 8 in the morning.
    Now you got me thinking. ;-)

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    DaveBowmanshibari
    edited December 2013
    Maria said:
     I won't mention the sunday morning my mom found a girl in my bed, or how old I was, or how old the girl thought I was.

I won't ask. I won't ask.

Okay, I'll ask. How old were you?
    *Bracing for the answer*
    15. The girl was 18 and thought I was too.

My mom actually offered to make her breakfast (thanks mom!) but once the girl found out how old I was and that I had lied to her (she was pretty drunk and so was I) I don't know who was more mad -- the girl or my mom.

My dad laughed his ass off, before my mom got mad at him, too. And then I had like 8 hours of yard work to do.

It was worth it.

MariaTenneeshibari
  • TemplarTemplar WashingtonSilver Member Posts: 3,371
    JellyBean said:
    What kind of music is most associated with putting out on the first date?

http://blog.tastebuds.fm/coldplay-fans-least-likely-to-have-sex-on-first-date/

(If correlation equals causation in this case, we should be forcing our children to listen to a lot of Coldplay!)
    imageimage

If you like Coldplay, Adele, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry, who are you?  A girl.

If you like Gorillaz, Linkin Park, Metallica, and Nirvana, who are you?  A boy.

Who is more likely to admit to wanting to have sex on the first date?  A boy.  Boom.  Science!  (Note to self -- be suspicious of the results of an association study which purports to show a significant relationship between two variables but which is not contain the language, "matched for gender and age.")
    What about Michael Bolton? Michael Jackson? Neal Diamond? Back Street Boys???? What kind of study is that???
    =))
    Tennee
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963

Love it.  Got to see 'em live three times back in the day.  Robert Smith is a genius. 

@shabari - been playing old Siouxsie and the Banshees lately.  Really digging the Kathak #2 mix of 'Kiss Them For Me' off 'Best of...'.   Also was lucky enough to see them live back in the ancient days of the first Lollapolusa circa 1991.  Best show I ever saw...
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    shibari
    Tennee said:

Love it.  Got to see 'em live three times back in the day.  Robert Smith is a genius. 

@shabari - been playing old Siouxsie and the Banshees lately.  Really digging the Kathak #2 mix of 'Kiss Them For Me' off 'Best of...'.   Also was lucky enough to see them live back in the ancient days of the first Lollapolusa circa 1991.  Best show I ever saw...
    Holy crap, I totally forgot that song/mix... thanks man!

Tennee
    meant @shibari ;

Great version of that tune, loved them.   So besides my Cure / Siouxsie throwback, lately I'm also going back into the early/mid 80s, when I was a skateboarding, long haired, snot-nosed punk listening to, well, 80s Punk:  Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, Descendants, Minutemen, Husker Du, and of course my absolute favorite Black Flag.  

This is all collectively referred to as 'screaming music' by the W and I and my rhapsody account are banished to unoccupied parts of the house... ;)  BTW- I happen to think its just super cool that my 7 year old asks to hear the Ramones...

DaveBowmanshibari
    heh. I was just working out and watching this @Tennee:

Tennee
    Oh, and this is still on heavy rotation:

TenneeGeekengineer
    Love me some Smiths.   The Ramones video made me laugh - no wonder Joey Ramone once quipped that they were the Ugliest Bank in Rock and Roll.   ;) 

DaveBowman
    edited December 2013