How to smother a Starfish

18910111214»

Comments

• Want2bFOWant2bFO Sultry SouthSilver Member Posts: 699
    LordVader said:
    Sorry, @want2bFO - missed your questions before. No problem answering - I've said more about more-personal stuff already here. My treatment seemed to take a LONG time to really kick in for me, though the endo didn't think so. He treated on symptoms more than the initial number, and when the first followup didn't show the rise in numbers or an abatement of symptoms, he doubled my dosage (from 1 to 2 packets of Androgel a day, which is applied to the abdomen, not... elsewhere). It was, IIRC, about 2 months after that that I really started feeling a large improvement. I felt some almost immediately - which let me tell him at the first follow up that it wasn't right yet. I have been grossly remiss in getting my actual numbers from the endo, a mistake which will be remedied when I see him on Friday. I've noticed no real fluctuations in symptoms, or lack thereof, on the Androgel, but while it is a great thing to feel even halfway normal, it was not and is not, for me, anything approaching a magic bullet. But then, I've got plenty of other things going on too. Side effects - none I can really see, at least. Libido might be higher, though even in the depths of the worst of it, I was still pretty HD, and being higher-T had not helped me initiate better or more often - I'm still too much a Nice Guy and too Beta, things I'm improving on but which have not had a positive effect yet. Erection strength is higher, I think, but as I said, I have other confounding factors at work. No abnormal hair growth or loss, no gynocomastia, and at the risk of TMI (is there such a thing here?), my testicles do not appear to have shrunk. I think that's about all of it.

Thank you for the reply. The HRT internist informed us that dosages have to be adjusted from patient to patient and that sometimes it takes 6 months to get it just right. Also , sometimes entire Rx has to change. Hang in there, friend. You will also see that when you're healthy and feeling right all the "other things going on" seem more manageable.  I agree that you have to know the levels so don't let that slide. Get copies of the result just in case you decide to go for 2nd opinions.

We will have his first lab results this week. He says ne feels a notable difference in energy. This man has an insane work load and he needs that energy. He never had ED but initiation and drive was despairingly  down. I can tell you that just 2+ months into treatment I now fear keeping up with him. But its a wonderful problem...no? I am seeing some monster  morning wood....lovely indeed..

The first physician was a urologist and would treat symptomatic only. If a patient felt good there was no cause for T therapy even at zero T.  I simply do not agree.  Testosterone is essential for  many body functions . The new physician is an internist. His approach is symptomatic and well as levels. He believes 400-600 range is best but higher if symptoms are still negative.  He is using the Axiron lotion. Interesting that the Internist double the dose that the urologist prescribed even without a blood test. Said that was way too low.  So, we'll see. So far so good. Only negative side effect is #1 sudden sweating ( his back) #2 beard is heavier. He does not feel those side effects are unmanageable.   he says if his balls shrink then his c8ck will look bigger...   Gotta love that attitude.

:D

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because like in the game of chess the Queen always protects her King" author unknown.    ( but you have to be the King first)

"I could die for you. But I wouldn't and couldn't live for you" Ayn Rand

• liquidliquid Brooklyn, NYSilver Member Posts: 1,785
    Want2bFO said:
    There has to be a triage for health. Uncontrolled diabetes supersedes T-levels.
    This is the number one question I have for the Endo.
    John3
  • John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396
    Want2bFO said:
    CubicleZ7 said:
    John3 said:

Didn't they used to use arsenic to treat Syphilis? 

One of the first attempts at a selectively toxic antimicrobial drug was something called Salvarsan (early 20th century).  It was a drug that didn't really have a broad spectrum of activity, largely because its active ingredient was...arsenic.  It worked OK against syphilis (which is what it was primarily used for), but had a lot of side effects, as you could imagine.

Another syphilis treatment was flushing out the body through the urethra with sulpha based drugs.

It rarely was effective. Can you just imagine the pain? 

Owie - Ochie - booboo

Not effective at treating the disease...but very effective at preventing the behavior that caused the disease...
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    Serenity
    John3 said:
    Want2bFO said:
    CubicleZ7 said:
    John3 said:

Didn't they used to use arsenic to treat Syphilis? 

One of the first attempts at a selectively toxic antimicrobial drug was something called Salvarsan (early 20th century).  It was a drug that didn't really have a broad spectrum of activity, largely because its active ingredient was...arsenic.  It worked OK against syphilis (which is what it was primarily used for), but had a lot of side effects, as you could imagine.

Another syphilis treatment was flushing out the body through the urethra with sulpha based drugs.

It rarely was effective. Can you just imagine the pain? 

Owie - Ochie - booboo

Not effective at treating the disease...but very effective at preventing the behavior that caused the disease...

=))

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because like in the game of chess the Queen always protects her King" author unknown.    ( but you have to be the King first)

edited October 2013
    liquid said:
    Want2bFO said:
    There has to be a triage for health. Uncontrolled diabetes supersedes T-levels.
    This is the number one question I have for the Endo.
    Would you let me know what the Endo recommends? I am a little unclear if restoring T-levels helps control the diabetes. This is just for my professional information.  Good luck

• liquidliquid Brooklyn, NYSilver Member Posts: 1,785
    Serenity said:

@liquid ; @Want2bFO

Take a look at this link about the connection between diabetes and low T.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Diabetes.aspx

I have read this - I think you linked to it before? I is part of the info I have so I can ask intelligent questions and then understand the answers, lol!

Serenity