Roses' MAP

1161718192022»

Comments

• HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I rely on the Google calendar for myself, I could get my ex to use it, but for kids, especially younger ones, a real calendar on the wall has more impact. They see it every time they walk past, they don't have to subscribe and open a browser and remember to check for new events ...

--------

As far as volunteering, I don't pay attention to "fair." If it needs doing, if I have the skills and time to do it, and if my work will be appreciated — I do it. If it doesn't meet all of those, I don't. As long as I'm not in charge, it's not my responsibility to make sure the work is done.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    Lenny
  • GraceyGracey USMember Posts: 119
    This weekend I'm bringing my daughter to a local dance school's Nutcracker production. I've been looking forward to our first Nutcracker since I heard the words "it's a girl" and since I've been reading your MAP I have new respect for the commitment of local troops in putting on a show.  :)

When it comes to volunteering I stick with the 'do it if it's fun rule.' Then I'll enjoy the process no matter what anyone else is doing. 
    Roses
  • RosesRoses USASilver Member Posts: 720
    edited December 16
    According to health and welfare's website, examples of allowed foods include but are not limited to: baked goods that do not require refridgeration, fruit jams and jellies, honey, fruit pies, breads, cakes that do not require refridgeration, pastries and coomies that do not require refridgeration, candies and confections that do not require refridgeration, dried fruits, dry herbs, seasonings and mixtures, cereals, and trail mixes and granolas.

I will have to call them. I'd never trust bread to be edible that didn't mold at room temperature after a week or so, so I'll need to figure out what they mean by 'do not require refridgeration'. My experience is that unwashed eggs stay good at room temp longer than bread, but no one said regulations were supposed to make sense!

Oh, and I got a number for a counseling center that specializes in families with a parent with PTSD from the guy who runs the Veterans Building that hosts the home school co-op.
    Gracey
  • HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183
    They usually mean contains dairy in certain forms in regards to refrigeration.  Egg washed bread is fine. Something with cream or ganache would require refridgeration. Basically, can it be room temp longer than an hour or two?