TRT and orgasms

13»

Comments

• CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    edited April 21
    Thanks, @Serenity. Unfortunately I have a blood disorder that disqualifies me from giving blood.

But I have an appt. with my GP on May 2. Doctor's secretary did tell me not to take just one reading, but to take 3 or 4 consecutively as apprehension often raises the first reading and as I relax consecutive readings will probably be lower.
    You don't have to donate blood to a blood bank. If you have excessive red blood cells, Polycythemia, they take your blood and discard it in what is called therapeutic phlebotomy.

Polycythemia can be fatal. You do not want to just wing this without a blood test.

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

ShepardAngelineSerenityWheelMan
  • never_againnever_again CanadaSilver Member Posts: 1,372
    I had a blood test a month ago, just before I saw my TRT doc.  I'm hoping it will show enough to question him about it.

The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Have you seen the results of the blood work, or do you have to wait until you see the doctor? I know it can be a little crazy in Canada.

If at all possible, try to take a look at the results before you talk to the doctor so you have time to get familiar with them. Post them here if you want, and I'll take a look.

And not to belabor the point, @never_again, but please don't wait until your May 2 appt to talk to the doctor about temporarily discontinuing T therapy.

I can't overstate the combined risk of T therapy, elevated estrogen, and elevated hematocrit. The blood gets viscous with polycthemia, and blood clots are a very real possibility, leading to heart attacks or strokes.

I had a blood test a month ago, just before I saw my TRT doc.  I'm hoping it will show enough to question him about it.
    @Serenity thanks. I have an appt. with the TRT doc next Wednesday.  Here are my most recent blood results (Feb. 27, 2016). I'm not able to upload the PDF file, so I'll type them out.

Alanine Aminotransferase: 20 Range 4-43
    PSA: 2.9 Range <4.0
    Testosterone: 14.7 Range 6.0-27.0
    Free Test: 462 Range 179-475
    Estradiol: ^174 Range 0-172
    Hemoglobin: 173 Range 135-175
    Hematocrit: ^.502 Range .400-500
    Leukocytes: 9.4 Range 4.0-11.0
    Erythorocytes: 5.67 Range 4.5-6.0
    RBC Mean Corpuscular Volume: 89 Range 80-100
    RBC Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin: 30.5 Range 27.5-33.0
    RBC Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration: 345 Range 305-360
    Platelets: 289 Range 150-400
    Neutrophils: 3.9 Range 2.0-7.5
    Lymphocytes: ^3.8 Range 1.0-3.5
    Monocytes: ^1.2 Range 0.2-1.0
    Eosinophils: 0.4 Range 0.0-0.5
    Basophils: 0.1 Range 0.0-0.2

The man who gives his woman everything ends up with nothing. Not even the woman.
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Okay, so your estrogen is sky high and your hematocrit is elevated. Danger, danger, Will Robinson.

If you can't get in for a therapeutic phlebotomy  right away, ask your doctor about taking baby aspirin and Omega 3's (2,000 to 4,000 mg a day ) as an interim measure. This can lower blood viscosity and may help prevent cardivascular problems.
    WheelManCrashaxe
    So a few things to report.  I checked with our blood bank and it seems I might qualify for donations again.  I have an appt. on the 10th to do a questionnaire and interview.  I'm not aware of any avenue for a therapeutic phlebotomy but this should help.

On the other front, I saw my doctor today and he doesn't think the blood results are off the scale enough to be concerned.  He gave his own example as having an off-the-scale below normal white cell count, but that it is normal for him.  He's still not prepared to do anything about my Estradiol levels, so I'll resort to natural supplements for that.

He also set his BP machine to do a series of tests over about 10 minutes.  The results were all below 130/85 with the average being 125/81, well within normal range.  So he's not worried about my blood pressure.  He gave me a lab requisition for further blood tests and he's going to include cholesterol and a few others.

So I went back to the pharmacy this afternoon and used their BP machine again.  It came back 165/95.  I spoke to the pharmacy assistant and she told me that it sometimes needs to be re-booted like any computer.  She unplugged it and it reset.  I used it again and came back 141/80.  

So part of the lesson is, don't trust machines.  If I get a funky result from that machine again I'll unplug and reboot it myself.  I'm still waiting for the home BP machine I ordered to be delivered, so once I have that it will be moot anyway.
  • HowardHoward EuropeSilver Member Posts: 618
    Hmm. Have you ever checked out http://anabolicmen.com/ ?

Libido and cardiovascular health rest on a whole spectrum of good hormonal activity.

Male Kegels might help you by strengthening the ejaculatory muscles.

How old are you actually? How's your "Mojo"? Is there something you do which makes you feel just great...sport, entertainment, social activity? (Sorry, you have a bunch of threads but I didn;t see a Triage)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "Do more of what you love."
    edited September 1
    @Howard, I'm 56.  I have lots of Mojo.  Hunting, fishing, travel, motorcycle, weightlifting, dancing lessons, Meetup, dating (when I have someone to date).  I don't lack for things to do.

Was back to my doctor today after my latest blood test.  The important numbers:
    PSA: 2.9 - stable
    Estradiol: 177 - up from 174, still too high (Max 170). Back in 2014 my Estradiol was 47.
    Testosterone: 12.4, down from 14.7 and down from a peak of 27 in May 2015.
    Free Testosterone: 288 down from 462,  
    Hematocrit: 500, down from 502 but right at max

So basically, my Testosterone continues to drop while my Estradiol continues to rise and my Hematocrit has stayed the same.  My blood pressure is good. 

Dr. and I had a good conversation. I came armed with information from my pharmacist (and what I've learned here).  He's agreed to put me on Anastrozole, but cut me back from 3 pumps per side to 1 pump per side of the Androgel because he doesn't want me to develop Roid Rage.  I don't disagree with that, given that I was riding such a high dose of Androgel anyway, just to be at 12.4.

He's given me a standing blood test order, so in 6 weeks I'll get my blood done, see what the levels are and try again 6 weeks later.  6 months worth of Anastrozole and we'll see where we're at.

AFA the Hematocrit, I checked and I'm not eligible to donate blood due to an immune disorder.  And I've been unable to find any services that offer therapeutic phlebotomy here.  Hopefully as we get the other things under control the Hematocrit will, too.
  • HowardHoward EuropeSilver Member Posts: 618
    edited September 11
    @never_again yep I see you are an active kind of fella :smile: getting plenty of dopamine there, nice job!

All I've heard about TRT is that short-term it may help but long-term the body does less & less to produce its own T. Chris Walker at Testshock has his own story to tell about that.

I had Sleep Apnoe and a CPAP too. All started about 10 years ago with a really extreme phase of work & business. My doc put me on blood pressure meds, which at the time seemed neccesary. I took them for 3 years but the last year or so my BP was down to about 130 so I just didn't take 'em. I've been exercising way more, sleeping more, & taking a lot of good supplements to reduce stress/enhance vascular health. My BP is down from 140 to 125. And morning wood is back, hurrah! At some point I'lll suggest to the doc that I don't need the meds any more. He's a good doc but like everyone he comes from one particular school of thought. Just my 2c

However, looking back through your thread there are some big issues and of course you would be taking huge risks "going it alone" without professional help. These are just my personal comments.

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "Do more of what you love."