Sit Rep

SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075

Morning

I have come to a realization of mistakes I was making..

I will commence to STFU and work on me.

That is all.

Thank you to All, I am ready to whole heartidly  Listen And Hear now.

Sweat More...bitch less
Fate favors the prepared.
[Deleted User]AlphaBellePandaBear7ABGuy[Deleted User]

Comments

• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075

1)  maintain frame 

2) work on me,  

3)  just read and do not post (I guess I just broke #3 ha!)

Sweat More...bitch less
    [Deleted User]PandaBear7
  • DaveBowmanDaveBowman Member Posts: 5,823

1)  maintain frame 

2) work on me,  

3)  just read and do not post (I guess I just broke #3 ha!)

All of those things (except the last one) are actually component items.

It's like a kata. If you can't do step 1, step 2 and 3 and 4 will have you in the wrong spot or with the wrong footwork or whatever.

So go back to step 1 and get that right. Then 2 and then 3...

We were working on this kata last night -- only it was jo and ken.

ok, so a suggestion to improve the goals?
    Sweat More...bitch less

All right more specific, and define

1) maintain frame-- I mean I must avoid taking the every day ups and downs, ebb and flow So Freakin Serious. LOL.    I had a Lt Gen in my office the other day, we have spoken some off and on of the past year.  He said to me, "You got to ask yourself" "Is this a hill I want to die on today"  That helped me in my idea of maintaining frame.   I tend to err towards Over Freakin Focussed when I want some thing.  So therefore I tend to take the Downs  Too Hard.  Workin on That Dammit.

2)  Work on me--Making it to the gym and working out with Intense Laser Like focus, I have made some real progress and I Am Not Going BAck.  I have fooled myself for far too long Ladies and Gents.. My wife is Really Really responding to the new me, and it feels great.  I am forging forward.  My pain in the gym Forges my spirit.  I worked very hard on my MA over the years have taught various alphbet police.  fell off of that, I did not realize, because I became a BLOB.   I giot depressed an d almost died folks,  NO MORE.  It ENDS NOW.

3) working on just reading ,and taking my lessons here.  My opinion is not vested yet, so I will keep it to myself, unless I am posting about me and  my path/journey.

Thanks

Sweat More...bitch less
    DaveBowman
    @davebowman ; I cannot seem to view it, I will have to watch when I get home.  Sounds Cool though.  I was teaching sticks last night as a matter of fact.  We could be brothers!!  lol
    Sweat More...bitch less
    DaveBowman
  • PandaBear7PandaBear7 OKSilver Member Posts: 436
    Actions on the OBJ. Everything else are merely stepping stones to get there.

@pandabear7 ;  OBJ?  please explain  thank you.

Gym yesterday,  walked my 2 miles at work.  beautiful wife ordered chinese last night, slightly not diet compliant, however I am counting calories at this point so I just counted it in.

Broke rule 3 yesterday, got to keep my trap shut on here!! lol  As I have made that a goal I will do it,  Although it did occur to me, I am working on me and this Cyber Me     Does not define me,

On the bright side, I threw some SWAT members on their necks last night..lol  Those guys are Sooo Diesiel, yet CRAPPY balance,There is a God!! LOL

Sweat More...bitch less
    DaveBowmanAlphaBelle
  • PandaBear7PandaBear7 OKSilver Member Posts: 436
    OBJ=objective.

I find it funny that a general pops off with "is this the hill you want to die" on or for.

"actions on the objective" describes the essential tasks a unit performs on the objective, like assault, casualty collection, EPW (enemy prisoners of war); the key things to accomplish the mission. Failure to do them may result in failure if the mission.

So when you here some general say some catchy phrase they learned at the war college, just fire back with 'roger, I'm focussing on Actions of hone objective'. If they ask what you mean, reply 'you know, things like the double tap as we sweep across'.

Basically focusing on your red-yellow-greens from the MAP.
    SaigoTakamori
  • ABGuyABGuy EARTHSilver Member Posts: 637
    edited November 2013

1)  maintain frame  -  in early MAP, strive to be an observer, more than an active participant. Go about your own way and let things develop (get better/get worse) without your help.

2) work on me - you say "work out with intense laser-like focus." There is no need for this, at this stage. Just show up, when you are supposed to. Repeating that phrase worked for me: Just Show Up. 

3)  just read and do not post (I guess I just broke #3 ha!) - Great idea. In fact, it may also be a good idea to limit your time even on the computer in general, and get things done in the bricks and mortar kind of way. Lastly, like Serenity said, spend some time reading/re-reading Athol's books in small doses.

5 Minutes of Alpha = Cash + Prizes

SaigoTakamori

@pandabear7--yea I see your point, I feel he was trying to say "pick what is important" "not everything is life and death" but yes perhaps more pointed advice would have been better.  He was walking throught he building on way to a meeting, I said hello, he asked how are things going.. it was a quick 2 min, if that, conversation.

So perhaps I can pick measurable actions.

Sweat More...bitch less

yesterday was day off from gym.  Walked at work, started Speed Walk down one side to change things up. 

as you all know: Bride and I work different schedules so our conversations are limited to cellphone call or text. so my betrothed and I were exchanging various semi-racy   texts in the morning. ( i am still trying her to go More Racy, she resists.. I guess I have to get  More Hot, first)  

So to conclude, on my drive home, she is worked up, I tell her to be naked when I get home ( I am trying to Lead much more in bedroom) , she says to leave my lunch box in the car and just come inside and "perentrate her"   This is good!   I do just that, it was real nice way to end day.

So,  things are progressing quite quite well at Chateau  Takamori.

Question: In An Attempt to Lead my family..  I am trying to get her to make a  list of things she would like done around house and yard..she has not done this.. Do I push more or is this DLV.. or what?  She is a World Class Procrastinator! however she "Hates being told what to do"  ( I know hamster...tell me about it!)  

Ideas?

Sweat More...bitch less
    SerenityDaveBowmanPandaBear7AlphaBelle
    @serenity ;  10-4  I suspected that.  Thanks
    Sweat More...bitch less