Where to start?

SallyManderSallyMander Silver Member Posts: 2,087
Hi all, I've been reading and enjoying the blog a great deal -- really appreciate the openness to having women here, and the humor.

Can someone steer me in the best direction? I'm trying to figure out where to dig in. I'm a woman, married for more than a decade, very happily, adore my husband (you would like him, he's a great guy), but we're in one of those AAAAAF ruts that Athol describes, and it's going on TOO LONG to be healthy. I want to do my part to remedy this, including whatever I can do to help my husband in a supportive, non-shrewish way.

Do I start with MAP, even though it's for guys? Or is there a specific plan for wives? Should I read one of the books first -- which one?

Thanks in advance; I did scan for this topic -- please feel free to point me somewhere since this is likely (I hope) a common question.

Comments

• MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869
    It's generally recommended you do the Triage questions so we have a better understanding of the dynamics. You can get them from the free download referred to in the FAQ section. 

We have a lot of excellent female participants here and they will capably guide you. :-h
    "If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

• AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    Welcome, Sally! The MAP is no different for men or women - be or become the best version of you possible, stick up for yourself, work through the phases, and encourage or ultimatum him into keeping up. Consider coaching with Athol if you get stuck and need help clarifying. Best of luck to you :)
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Maria
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    If you have time, filling out the forum handbook questions will give some background and possibly improve the advice you get.

lulu.com/shop/athol-kay/mmsl-forum-booklet-free/ebook/product-20919811.html
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Eightbit
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    Read the Mindful Attraction Plan as a starting point too.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Hi Sally and welcome.

This is a great place to improve your marriage. I found it almost 2 years ago when my marriage was struggling and it helped us turn the whole thing around. We are happier now than we've ever been. I second the recommendation to read the Mindful Attraction Plan book. Life changing.

Glad you found your way here. :)