Week 2 Update

beta80beta80 Silver Member Posts: 33
(Previous week)

This week felt... easier. May be her week in the cycle (I made a subtle attempt to ask where she was... but she doesn't know herself. I'll have to start tracking next cycle!), but I felt a lot less fitness-tested. Still no sex (since July), though.

The thing with the dishes seems to have stuck; she did a lot better this week. Also, on Sunday she was finishing something for work, so I explicitly took over some of the tasks we do together, even though she insisted in helping. The message I'm trying to get across is "I'll be absolutely supportive if you have a valid reason not to help, but being lazy just because you can't won't fly".

During her work she asked for my help with an Excel formula she couldn't get right. She didn't even thank me afterwards, and I semi-playfully called her out on it; something along the lines of "the very first rules of politeness I learned as a kid was to say 'please' and 'thank you'". She thanked me for my help, but then remarked I'm high maintenance (which I find ironic, given our history).

Anyway, some positive results. On Saturday she offered to make me a coffee, an unthinkable occurrence just weeks ago. Also, at some point she hugged me and we shared a beautiful french kiss... the kind I didn't get just a couple of weeks ago even after (or maybe because) asking for it. Success! On the other hand, we practically don't do good night kisses anymore. I was always initiating them. I've stopped doing that, and she doesn't seem to care at all. Not sure what to make of it.

Maybe the highlight of the week is that I feel my attitude changing. I went twice to the gym, pushed myself hard, and to my surprise I'm getting close to lifting the same weight I was lifting when I was 20 or so, the peak of my fitness. Combined with the almost 10 kg lost this year, I'm actually getting back to my peak (except for my hair, which refuses to come back :( ). I've also been a lot more sociable at work, fighting my social anxiety head-on. TL;DR of week 2: feeling better about myself!

This week: keep up the gym and diet, keep the alpha frame, keep up the social!
Tagged:
Adam_SSaigoTakamoriJoannaSignorePillolaRossaTimSim1971

Comments