Week 3 - passing tests, getting IOIs!

beta80beta80 Silver Member Posts: 33
No huge news this week, but I'm feeling a lot better. Still no sex, about to cross the 5 month mark :(

I've read the MAP book (I had read the Primer and NMMNG before) and I've have a lot of reds, yellows and greens to work on. I'm somewhere between phase 1 and 2 - I can see characteristics of both. I'm now reasonably confident that this will end well, mostly because we don't have any of the serious problems mentioned so often in the book - we're not alcoholic or violent, we're faithful, we have good jobs, etc. I don't see this ending in an ultimatum; apparently I brought all this misery on myself because of being a nice guy (the only possible deal breaker here is the kids issue, but the MAP will put me in a better position to make the decision freely if it comes to that).

I'm getting better at recognizing fitness tests, and better at saying "no". She's been more compliant (after I set some rules for house tasks last week), and I made a point of acknowledging it. She's also not even asking me to do things she'd ask me before, which I read as being more respected.

I mistook a loyalty test for a fitness test and gave the wrong response; she went as far as [playfully] calling me out on that in front of my in-laws, and then telling me "you have a lot to apologize for lately"; in both cases I just smiled and said "no, I don't". In the end I "surprised" her doing what she wanted me to do, which I thing was the right thing to do after all, and she was happy about the "surprise". So it wasn't a total loss. She also called me "rebellious" for some unrelated thing, which I liked.

At the same time I did a lot of "good beta" during the weekend; she was genuinely busy finishing some work (again), and I stepped up. She acknowledged it and thanked me.

The most remarkable thing happened at a social event at the office. A very cute girl I hadn't met before actually approached me about some item I was wearing, we joked a bit, I remarked that my wife wouldn't approve of the item and her reply was something along the lines of "that's your wife's loss". I'll take that as an IOI :) Funnily enough, I was almost leaving when this happened, so I kept trying to end the conversation and she kept it going... it was surreal. Then, when saying goodbye to the group I was with, I actually found myself putting my hand on some other girl's arm when telling her "have a nice weekend". I went home on an adrenaline/dopamine high :)

Perhaps the funniest thing is that my wife made cookies last week and suggested making pancakes this weekend, as predicted by Athol :D

So all is going well. I'll keep working on these damn reds :)
Tagged:
[Deleted User]ffp20

Comments

• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075

Rock it!

Hard Work, IS worth it.

Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    hoping4better
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    Well done, but can you keep your updates to one MAP thread? Rather rhan starting a new one every week. The forum will be a tangled up mess otherwise.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net