Does this look plus-size or normal to you

Comments

• redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    @joskin_nodd It's not really about my husband finding me attractive or not.....

It's more "internal" if that makes sense. It's a fight with my own brain.

But thanks for the thought!
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
  • Im_a_ManIm_a_Man CanadaSilver Member Posts: 878
    edited February 2014
    I found this webpage helpful, its a photographic summary of what body fat looks like by percentage. 

frillyfun
  • Want2bFOWant2bFO Sultry SouthSilver Member Posts: 699

@SMan ; @DanG Apparently I am too t dumb to insert an image.

What do you guys generally think of Christina Hendricks looks ( the busty redhead in Mad Men)?

My H says it feels like a sin just looking at her.

My best friend says she is fat.

opinions please , curious to know where you stand.

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because like in the game of chess the Queen always protects her King" author unknown.    ( but you have to be the King first)

"I could die for you. But I wouldn't and couldn't live for you" Ayn Rand

• kivirekikivireki north of HelsinkiMember Posts: 101
    Fat? no. Reasonable? yes. "plus-sized"? probably. She's, what, a 16 or 18 in UK sizing? Still, she has an hourglass. A rather nice one... Balanced body proportions. I can't find an ass pic?!

• RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    edited February 2014

Want2bFO
    said:

What do you guys generally think of Christina Hendricks looks ( the busty redhead in Mad Men)?

opinions please , curious to know where you stand.

She's "TV Fat" - large compared to most of the waifs that take up screen time, but probably is well within the normal BMI/bodyfat range.

And I agree with your husband.
    redheaded_woman
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    I didn't know who she was so I googled and daaaaang boobs. She's got the type of figure that can be flattering or not depending on what part you're looking at. Some pics looked fat, some looked curvy, some looked like higher end average.
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    Well, thank y'all very much!!!

Hadn't ever heard of her and I love her!!

Curvacious redheads FTW!!
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    AlphaBelleOneEyedDrunkshibariPurple
  • John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396
    Curvacious FTW :)
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    redheaded_woman
    I didn't know who she was so I googled and daaaaang boobs. She's got the type of figure that can be flattering or not depending on what part you're looking at. Some pics looked fat, some looked curvy, some looked like higher end average.
    Do you really mean to say average?

I am jumping off a bridge right now.

"Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because like in the game of chess the Queen always protects her King" author unknown.    ( but you have to be the King first)

Mmm Christina Hendricks...

Wait, what were we talking about?

Some poster categorized her as higher than average. Average and Christina Hendricks dont belong in the same sentence.  OMG that made me nearly suicidal. I will read only your posts to save my self esteem.

• growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    Want2bFO said:
    Do you really mean to say average?

I am jumping off a bridge right now.
    I mean as far as her weight goes. In some pics she looked overweight, and in some she looked more average weight, though upper end of average weight. Are you still suicidal or do you prefer her as 100% fat?
  • ShazShaz CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 63
    I've seen her look slimmer or heavier depending on the outfit, just like a lot of celebrities. I remember one early ep of Mad Men where she was in a very unflattering fitted suit dress that highlighted her stomach in a not good way but generally she looks fantastic in the fashions of that time period. I loved the line from one scene where a minor character is nervous to even talk to her:  "She's so much woman!"
    Carrotcake
  • CyrilFiggisCyrilFiggis UKSilver Member Posts: 157
    Want2bFO said:

opinions please , curious to know where you stand

Pure sex on legs would be my assessment. Christina Hendricks is hot. 
    OneEyedDrunk
  • RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    9/10 - would bang.
    [Deleted User]seriously
  • GeekengineerGeekengineer Sandy EggoGold Men Posts: 1,720
    Really reminds me of my JellyBean!  As in, she looks like this.  Oh yeah!

JellyBean is my wife.
    [Deleted User]Olddog
  • RapunzelRapunzel Very High TowerSilver Member Posts: 1,503
    edited February 2014
    How times change... thing is men don't - this is H.O.T.
    Thank you. This picture made my day. I can relate to / compete with this sort of beauty. :x
    IDK, I worry they're not looking any lower than the boobs and then I can't. :-/

ETA- That's just my own insecurity. I feel the same way when people talk about Christina Hendricks, "It's just the boobs." Kicks rocks. lol  L-)

ETA2- IOW pictures like this don't make me feel any better, even thought I have a great HWR. A thinner more athletic body is something I can at least work toward attaining. (Not that I feel that bad really, I mean they're models and actresses which means they should be above average IMO. ~shrug~)

When the going gets tough apply lipstick.

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions. ~ Steve Maraboli

Winter