Spanking (Another one of THOSE threads)

Comments

• mook_zmook_z Gold Men Posts: 1,267
    I don't get a daddy/daughter feel from spanking. Age play creeps me out. On our honeymoon, @RedPillWifey surprised me with a school girl outfit. The outfit was hot, but she rp'ed an innocent school girl a la high school or something. That part creeped me out & she stopped. (FYI, RPW, do the outfit but pretend you're college age you. Totally hot.)
    For us, it's dom/sub stuff, but we're really new to this & still figuring it out as we go. It's only one way, though. I don't like being spanked. However, I do like being scratched.
    "you ... are right." - DaddyOh
    PhoenixDownAngeline
  • BenBen Silver Member Posts: 3,651
    mook_z said:
    I don't get a daddy/daughter feel from spanking. Age play creeps me out. On our honeymoon, @RedPillWifey surprised me with a school girl outfit. The outfit was hot, but she rp'ed an innocent school girl a la high school or something. That part creeped me out & she stopped. (FYI, RPW, do the outfit but pretend you're college age you. Totally hot.)
    Seconded.  As a general rule, a woman acting as though she were the age she was at when you first met is awesome, because you get to pretend to be at that age too.  The younger than that you go, the creepier it gets.  Unless the guy in question specifically informs you that he has a fetish to that effect.

---

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • NotelracNotelrac Member Posts: 3,517
    "We kissed but I still feel bad. Like I need a release. Is this where spanking could come in?"
    Yes.  Although I would characterize this as "discipline spanking", and not "erotic spanking."

For it to work, your husband has to buy into it.  This means he must:
    a) be intellectually ok with the reasoning behind the act
    b) be knowledgeable about how to perform the physical act without causing permanent damage
    c) be emotionally prepared so as to not not end up feeling guilty or wrong for having spanked you
    d) be ready to provide the immediate aftercare needed
    e) be willing to let the incident be "over" and never bring it up or hold it against you

To do it right, there's a lot more than just buying a paddle and flailing away.  Most of it has to be done by the dominant partner in the relationship.  There are a lot of rewards if everything works out, though.

Angelinebrotherdance
  • DidoDido EnglandSilver Member Posts: 852
    @Beth1977: we felt the same as you did about Taken in Hand and I came here after Athol's book was reviewed on their site. They did have quite a good introduction to spanking though as I remember.
  • BrianCBrianC Oshawa, ONGold Men Posts: 3,138
    @Monkeys_Uncle honestly, I wonder if I am not an aberration here, given the heaviness of the talk in this thread.  There was no element of dom/sub in my relationship with my wife rather than a little simple (and for me, non-serious) play with blindfolds and scarves for the sake of giggles.

One day I gave my wife a swat on the ass, and she responded so well I gave her another one... she was very into it, so I carried on for a bit before directing the encounter elsewhere.  I teased her about giving her a spanking for being slow a few evenings later, and it burst into a torrent of innuendo.

I figured if it was something she might enjoy once in awhile, and it will turn her on, I might as well get good at it, I studied technique, learned some tricks, and tried a few things out.  Now it is a semi-regular part of our menu.  I honestly get nothing out of it, it doesn't turn me on at all, but it gets her going and it is a DHV, so I use it well.  If she has a serious sub streak, I am still excavating it little by little.

As to the rest of the "parenting dynamic" and the like, I generally don't think about it too much.  There's no point in overthinking anything if it will ruin your fun.  It gets her off, it gets me more... what more is worth thinking about?

All men are great men, most fail to see the greatness in themselves.

Power, Passion, Principle and Purpose: The Wild Man Project

My most popular articles: The Art of the Apology (also on video), The Basics of Assertiveness, The Art of Friendship

LinanatiCL_
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    BrianC said:
    @Monkeys_Uncle honestly, I wonder if I am not an aberration here, given the heaviness of the talk in this thread.  There was no element of dom/sub in my relationship with my wife rather than a little simple (and for me, non-serious) play with blindfolds and scarves for the sake of giggles.
    Eh ... so I was a bit of a bucket of cold water. The subcurrents and emotions that can come out of this, when done WELL, shouldn't be taken lightly. The stuff that can happen if you F it up, definitely should not be taken lightly. FTR, we had no dom/sub when we started playing around at spanking, but my guy said "it certainly was dipping a toe in the waters and testing it". Neither one of us had ever had anything like this before in previous relationships, although he'd certainly played around with erotic swats here and there. Me, zero nada zip.

BrianC said:
    As to the rest of the "parenting dynamic" and the like, I generally don't think about it too much.  There's no point in overthinking anything if it will ruin your fun.  It gets her off, it gets me more... what more is worth thinking about?
    This is exactly the attitude we had, that we didn't need to do any thinking, what could it hurt? What could happen? If you're just going to have some playful swats on the ass during sex or foreplay, or smack someone playfully as you walk through the house, no worries. But if you're going to explore anything more serious, do it consciously. Don't repeat our mistake - my guy would like to say to the forum, "I was arrogant, I didn't need any instructions or reading for something so simple. To have what we have, we must talk to  each other, and check in."
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Athenamook_zCL_
  • BrianCBrianC Oshawa, ONGold Men Posts: 3,138
    edited October 2012
    @Angeline I hear you.  I understand fetish and fantasy enough to know that there are sea monsters under most strong currents.  If I ever thought it was more meaningful than play to my wife, I would definitely start educating myself about the complexities of BDSM.

Sex should always be approached with keen empathy, we do need to be able to see when we have moved from erotic play into something deeper.

All men are great men, most fail to see the greatness in themselves.

Power, Passion, Principle and Purpose: The Wild Man Project

My most popular articles: The Art of the Apology (also on video), The Basics of Assertiveness, The Art of Friendship

AthenaAngeline
  • KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    I like a slap on the ass now and then as much as the next gal, scarves and blindfolds sure, but not a full on "spanking' or the whole dom/sub thing.  
    [Deleted User]liquid
  • LinanatiLinanati Member Posts: 1,553

It used to be perfectly legal for a husband to spank his wife, even if she didn't consent.  I wouldn't want to go back to that, but it does show that in the not-too-distant past, spanking was not confined to the daddy/daughter dynamic.

Erotic spankings can be very hot, but I don't want disciplinary spankings.  From what I've read on DD forums, , most disciplinary spankings seem to result from either A) the man micromanaging the woman, or B) the woman acting like a spoiled, misbehaving child to get the spanking she craves.  Neither appeals to me.

AngelineAthena[Deleted User]
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Discipline spankings do not have to result from either micromanagement or wife behaving like spoilt child. in my case, they are a good way for my husband to express any irritation he may be feeling (he gets irritated quite easily) and keep me interested in what I am supposed to be doing. They help to focus the mind.
  • KarKar USASilver Member Posts: 733
    We do erotic spankings and discipline spankings. I find both make me more attracted to my husband because he is exercising his dominance while highlighting my submission. I find those dynamics very arousing. Of course using spanking for 'real' discipline was discussed at length beforehand with me giving my full consent to him. In fact, it was my idea.

My husband is not interested in micromanagement on any level, nor is our relationship parental. I'm strong and capable and he trusts my judgement as his equal. However, he is firmly the leader and knows I will submit when necessary.

There is a bit of 'Daddy' going on but it's a small charming part of our intimacy and doesn't play out during spanking.  For us, that part is not related.

Kar
  • AthenaAthena Member Posts: 438
    @Kar I don't understand how something that you like can be used for discipline. To me it's like a child inviting a friend over and the parent saying "As a special treat, I'm going to take your toys away while your friend is here." Makes no sense to me.
  • NotelracNotelrac Member Posts: 3,517
    "I don't understand how something that you like can be used for discipline."
    Erotic spankings are, um....orgasm-inducing fun.  Discipline spankings are painful.  Completely different strokes, different warmup and aftercare.  Different mental frame.  Just happens to be the same body parts.  In fact a lot of Doms will have a flogger or whip that they *only* use for discipline, just to highlight the distinction.

Let me try and put it in perspective.  Let's assume that you like to have vigorous sex on occasion.  But sometimes your partner does something and you go "ouch!" and so they back off on the intensity.  Well, there's the same sort of distinction with spanking techniques.  With discipline spanking, you don't back off.

An experienced Dom knows where the line is between causing pleasure and inflicting pain on whomever they're working with, because they spent a few sessions figuring out where it was.  With discipline spanking, you have to cross over that line.  It takes a certain amount of mental preparation for the Dom to be able to do this without negative aftereffects, because most people are conditioned against deliberately hurting other people.

Angeline
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    Athena said:
    @Kar I don't understand how something that you like can be used for discipline. To me it's like a child inviting a friend over and the parent saying "As a special treat, I'm going to take your toys away while your friend is here." Makes no sense to me.
    This is why I suggest tying discipline spankings to positive behavior. That way discipline spankings essentially become erotic spankings.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

CL_d0cking
  • d0ckingd0cking Member Posts: 143
    Last night, After finishing dinner... I can't remember what the situation was... But any ways, I gave Jess a little swat on the butt...  I was being flirty...  She quickly told me in a stern voice not to hit her... which that ends up in a "fight".  I have always done this the whole time we were married...  I perceived this as getting an attitude and jading me...  So I got stern back and she got another swat...  We had to carry it in to the bedroom so it wasn't in front of our girls...  Sure... at the end of our "fight" she told me that I can spank her and she will not say a word... but when I here in her voice that she is caving in just for piece...  it turns my stomach...  I have only started the MAP a couple weeks ago...  Am I trying to push too fast?  I do not want to push things and have something else to correct down the road! 
    When everything seems to be at its worst.  Look for the silver lining!
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    edited October 2012
    @d0cking - you've been at the MAP less than a month, correct? And already getting some good feedback RE working out and muscles. Am I getting you mixed up w/somebody else? Anyway, (a) it obviously didn't come across as flirty and (b) it probably came across as scripted - "OK now I'm going to try a swat on the ass.

But in any case, do not argue and engage with logic and otherwise give credence to shit that is patently untrue "you *hit* me". Just cut it off, short.

"Bullshit, that's less of a hit than a massage." Something short and sweet. Or amplify, "Good God! Call the cops! I really should be locked up for that grievous offense! I don't know how you manage to withstand such an abusive environment!" If she rolls her eyes or gives in to the obvious ridiculous, move in and swat her again while holding her close, and whisper, "*That's* for trying to make something harmless and flirty into a fight" and go do something else. Have a mad silly wrestling match with the kids, complete with pinches and tickles and pats on their little butts, and cut her out of the fun.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Serenityd0cking
  • d0ckingd0cking Member Posts: 143
    I guess I did have a bit of a set back... I should have not had a talk with her...  Note taken...  Still working on being outcome independent...  And I'm not the one with the muscles... yet :)
    When everything seems to be at its worst.  Look for the silver lining!
  • KarKar USASilver Member Posts: 733
    Athena said:
    An erotic spanking in the throes of passion are a completely different context. No one is angry, there is no conflict between us--just dominance/submission being expressed during passion. Hot and fun!

In a discipline spanking, he is either angry at me, or I am angry or snippy, or confrontational or we both just aren't on the same page and banter is rising to point of a real argument occurring. He has the authority to stop an argument in it's tracks, or stop my or his own moodiness that can lead to an argument by quickly and decisively re-establishing his dominance and authority with a spanking. I feel quite submissive following and we feel very reconnected. At that time usually, if we need to continue talking about whatever the issue was, we both do so much more calmer.

Do I 'like' discipline spankings? Yes and no. I like that he is man enough to take me in hand and deal with me and/or the problem directly instead of storming off and ignoring me or the problem (like in other relationships I've had), He maintains his role as leader, and I am quite turned on by his strength, and mettle to use it, and also turned on by his desire to engage the relationship to  a solution instead of disengage. I'm aroused by his authority in a general sense and it makes me want to please him. Any irritable mood or sassiness on my part prior to the spanking usually vanishes and I feel better.

The reason I don't like it. I don't the like feeling of him being angry or irritated by me. The moment he grabs my hand and drags me to the bedroom and bends me over the bed is intimidating and I'm very apprehensive. I'm in big trouble and I know it. I don't like it in the moment but I know it's restorative benefits for both of us so it's a win-win. It turns him on. He feels masculine and proud to have me trust him with my body. It makes him cherish me more. He knows I will submit to him in this way and it makes him feel like the head of the household. He doesn't feel like my parent but absolutely my leader. He is very protective and attentive to me and balances with plenty of beta.

Discipline spankings don't happen very often, but let me tell you, there is always an erotic air between us. I am hyper aware of his alpha masculine power because we both know he can and will use it.

Kar
    CL_
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    edited October 2012
    I don't think I could do that, but it's utterly fascinating to me. Thanks for explaining :)

Wendy