Avalinette's MAP

Comments

• AvalinetteAvalinette In the kitchenSilver Member Posts: 1,316
    edited August 23
    Yesterday was interesting. Despite getting much less than usual sleep the night before and feeling exhausted all day I got a lot done:
    • laundry all folded and put away (with some help)
    • talked to hubby about school options (a big reason I've made little progress is because I keep putting it off mainly because I hadn't talked to him)
    • finished off and bagged chicken stock in one cup servings in the freezer
    • put lamb bones and veggies into crock pot for more stock
    • took kids to school and survived: usually their 1 1/2 hour session exhausts me, but yesterday it didn't
    • kept everyone fed and happy (including packed lunch for hubby) 
    I'm sure I did other stuff too. I had one of those amazing afternoons where everything works. The kids watched no tv. I set them up outside to do painting while I worked in the kitchen. Miss 2 got distracted by outside and went to ride a scooter and then Miss4 brought her painting work inside (but she's 4 and didn't mess :) ) Miss 2 then decided she did actually want to paint but was happy to paint outside. I kept the paints in the kitchen with me and both of them came up to me periodically with their paint trays to ask me to squeeze more paint in so they didn't run out of paint, but also couldn't go crazy with all the paint.

Today, playgroup cancelled itself by no one showing up due to sickness so I did some school with the kids and then had them play in the lounge (and now they're watching youtube: movie of the day is the excavator song )

I am feeling lazy.
    frillyfunamblrgirl
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    My 2 yr old granddaughter helps me sort laundry when I babysit. The bigger kids "fold" and sort and bring stuff from the dryer. I get them to gather up any dirty clothes, and do a couple of loads while we wind down for bedtime.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    frillyfunAvalinette
    @frillyfun, that's pretty awesome. I think my washing machine is more complicated than yours...and we have no dryer, though on some days the kids will help hang out clothes...actually, the washing machine just beeped now, so maybe I'll go switch off their movie and take them outside with me. My kids also sort clean clothes sometimes, but I do the folding (or not folding) and putting away because I like control over Miss 4's outfit choices (and I put her clothes away in fully assembled outfits so she can dress herself).

In my family of origin the three oldest kids (15, 13, 11) did the entire family's laundry...I look forward to that day.
    frillyfunAngeline
    @Angeline, now I wish you were my mother :P
    AngelinefrillyfunRoses
    I crashed yesterday: :( but not a surprise really. I still took kids to school and doctor and went to my antenatal appointment and did a little shopping, but I only did a bare minimum of chores and spent a lot of time lying around, sleeping or eating chocolate. (I didn't do the breakfast dishes till about 5pm).
    This past week I:
    • painted my nails (but bit them down anyway :( ... I think it's still less biting than unpainted though)
    • took Miss 2 to the doctor again (she's been coughing for 3 weeks now)
    • made home made food everyday (except for fish and chips Friday) including lunches on the days H needed them
    • finished up two lots of sock (chicken and lamb)
    • washed the majority of the dirty laundry (caught up all last weeks)
    • did some extra clothes folding and putting away to make up for the fact that we didn't start the week with a full week's clean clothes in the closets
    • took kids to two lots of school and a music lesson
    • made progress in school decisions for next year (lots of thinking and talking and writing down and also made appointments for 2 school tours)
    • Did a little bit (probably less than an hour all up) of homeschool stuff with Miss 4
    • Kind of managed dishes: there's been a lot of not getting breakfast done till 5 pm and not doing dinner stuff till the next day.
    Tomorrow (Saturday) I need to:
    • clean the kitchen to the point it's functional again
    • cook bulk bolognese
    • cook bulk chicken wings
    • hopefully do something off the Marie-Kondo list
    This coming week:
    • 2 lots of school plus a music lesson
    • talk to hubby about school next year stuff and be ready for first school tour on Tuesday
    • organise optometrist appointments
    • email naturopath
    • (maybe organise skin dr appointments?)
    • do laundry every sunny day
    • make meals
    • keep the kitchen clean
    • do more homeschool
    • (maybe visit friends)
    • (maybe invite a family over for Friday dinner)

RosesMrsJon
    Another job for the coming week (which probably means something else won't get done):
    • Clean the oven. I have my monthly house clean on Tuesday so I'll start the job (oven racks in to soak and bicarb paste in the oven) in the morning and the cleaners can do the horrible scrubbing part in the afternoon.
    Today, Saturday, I have done the kitchen clean and two lots of bulk cooking (which means the kitchen needs to be cleaned all over again...sigh...we're onto our third dishwasher load of dishes for the day and not done yet because hubby is making pancake batter now...yum). We have decided not to go to tonight's church thing so I have a bit of extra time this afternoon. I still need to finish seasoning the bolognese and package it for the freezer.
    Also, this week or sometime soon, I need to
    • cook bulk chicken (I already have my ingredients)
    • make pate (need to buy ingredients as well)
    And, this week or in the next few
    • start chore list for Miss 4 
    • start pocket money for Miss 4
    • have a trial at toilet training Miss 2
  • MrsJonMrsJon ColoradoSilver Member Posts: 466

@Avalinette ; Sorry about your car trouble, that sounded quite stressful.

Hope you have a great vacation!

I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.  
           Anne Shirley - Anne of Avonlea

Thanks @mrsJon. Luckily the car trouble was caught early and was a quick fix: it broke round 9 and we had a fixed car by 12pm. The bus ride was a fun adventure for the kids so I enjoyed watching them enjoy it.
    MrsJon
    So this week I did all the meals, laundry and school/music lessons (though I realised on music lesson day that she hadn't practiced all week...she supposedly practices every day...ha!) but didn't do any bulk cooking (did use up freezer meals).
    • I did all the emails in addition to some extra adminy things that came up :(
    • I didn't do the optometrist or the supplements. Optometrist sent us more letters to remind us we need check ups...and it's 50% off a second pair of glasses for the next few weeks so I should REALLY get onto that.
    • I don't think the kids watched much less tv overall. We did better at the start of the week but then rainy days and starting to get sick ruined it. I did do one cool day of crafts and more intense learning stuff than usual.
    • I didn't get as much holiday organising done this week so we'll be a little later getting away tomorrow morning than I'd hoped.
    Saturday and today (Sun) was a bit of a wash. H was out all day Saturday with 3 back to back activities and Miss 2 was sick. She wasn't unhappy but was very clingy and nursed a lot so I spent a lot of time giving her attention. She had a fever yesterday afternoon and overnight. I missed church community group on Sat evening and church this morning staying home with her. I didn't do any of my Saturday jobs.

Tomorrow we leave for holiday so I have no goals for the week other than enjoying the holiday :)
    KattfrillyfunAngelineMrsJon
    We had a lovely holiday which was enjoyed by all. 

I had a pretty productive weekend as well. I made two big meals and now have cold chicken in the fridge for the week and two more meals for the freezer. I sorted through more of my sentimental stuff. I'm kinda annoyed by it: I'm managing to throw some of it out but there's still a lot left. Each individual item gives me joy and I want to keep it, but in a pile it just looks like a lot of stuff. So, as a box it makes me kinda depressed: why have I kept all this stuff?...but if I look inside it's full of lovely memories.

This week
    • That list of admin type things I have to deal with just grows every week that I don't get them done. So my list now has 5-6 items on it that need to get done. (I did three yesterday :) )
    • No tv unless the lounge is tidy. I can finally do this because Miss 4 can tidy the lounge without any help from me so I can just leave her to it instead of it being a job I have to do :)
    • Attempt some toilet training for Miss 2? Maybe, I left her without a diaper all morning this morning and did some potty sit time, but I'm really not feeling it.
    • Switch food money budget and discretionary spending over to cash so we'll be stricter with it. (We've had some more unexpected expenses come up and our finances are getting a bit sticky  :( )
    • Work out a fortnightly 'cheap' food menu and organise grocery delivery (instead of just buying whenever the mood strikes.) By cheap food, I really just mean mince and chicken rather than steak and less junk food.
    Also, we had a play date yesterday with friends who live a little way away (one I've been trying to plan and then having to cancel for ages) :)

We're going swimming tomorrow with other friends :)

And we have people coming over for dinner on Friday night. :)

So, that's three of my other goals done. :)
    nubbySallyManderBeatrice
    This week my main focus is on my health. I started these things last week already. To that end I want to:
    • Monitor my water intake and drink more water. (I started just with monitoring and realised I drink a lot less than I should :P)
    • Eat something iron rich every meal (my blood showed low iron).
    • Take supplements twice a day (I tend to forget the second lot).
    • Put scar reducing cream on my shingles scars (they don't look too bad to me, maybe because I'm used to them, but hubby has mentioned them a few times so I think it bothers him: and they are on my face after all.)  
    • Be careful with my sugar consumption: try not to have too much at once. Also monitor my blood glucose. I got a monitor last week because I apparently have a small risk of GD and I am refusing to do the glucose tolerance test, but if I'm monitoring my own blood sugar then that gives me peace of mind. So far my numbers have been good.
    • Speak to the GD people at the hospital and check I'm doing the right thing.
    • Get blood drawn for the pregnancy blood test I'm supposed to do this week/should have done last week. 
    • Make physio appointment.
    • Get more exercise: do more squats; maybe go swimming; maybe something else
    Also
    • Fill out enrolment form for school.
    • Get in contact with school to ask some questions.
    • Keep giving Miss2 diaper free time at home. (We've done 3 sessions: she's happy and cheerful about sitting on the potty for long dry sessions and will sometimes come to the potty of her own accord after making a puddle on the floor, but has not yet produced anything in the potty and I'm not sure she understands)
    Pen_and_Sword
    edited October 18
    I am sooooo tired. Hubby and I are both dragging ourselves out of bed in the mornings and then dragging ourselves around the day at the moment. So, I don't feel like doing anything :( I think part of the problem is the kids getting up earlier and earlier (the sun and the birds are up earlier every morning) and even when they don't wake us, my body is waking up at 5:30 anyway. H and I are getting to bed earlier and getting around 9 hours of (slightly broken) sleep a night, but it's not as much as we used to get. And, while Miss 2 is compensating for her early mornings by having a longer nap, I'm struggling to sleep during the day now for some reason (I'm exhausted and lying down but feel kind of buzzed and can't sleep...Miss 4 being awake and playing next door doesn't help, but I can't change that). Anyway, I thought I'd really fallen down on my goals last week because I felt like I just couldn't be bothered, but when I looked them over I didn't do that badly after all :)

• didn't monitor water intake (my excuse is that the kids broke my whiteboard marker and so I couldn't mark it down on my whiteboard as I did last week...somehow, minor as this is, it was enough to make me feel unable to keep track). I have now taken Miss4's whiteboard marker and am keeping track again.
    • didn't track iron intake (that whiteboard marker problem again) but I'm pretty sure I had iron with every meal anyway
    • took 2 lots of supplements most days
    • remembered the scar reducing cream for the week (but forgot some applications over the weekend)
    • blood sugar stayed down all the times I tested it
    • didn't talk to GD people but will ask midwife for referral tomorrow
    • did the blood draw
    • made the physio appointment
    • didn't really do the exercise...but did find a pool that gives me free entry on Thursdays (because pregnant) and am planning to go Thursday. It's even close enough to H's work that I can leave the kids with him in his office and don't have to pay babysitting if I want to swim laps. (One of my excuses for not going all this week has been the money it will cost...)
    • Did the school enrolment form
    • Did some diaper free time with Miss 2. She's happy to do it and happy to sit on the potty, but shows very little awareness of what's going on besides sometimes reporting to me after making a wee. No luck getting anything in the potty. I'm seriously considering giving up...which also means giving up on taking her to Miss4's once a week class...which means I'm considering pulling Miss 4 because Miss 2 wants to be there and Miss 4 doesn't so it seems a waste of effort and money...I'm considering switching them to swimming lessons instead.
    I feel too tired to make goals for this coming week...
    Tiger_LilyPen_and_SwordMrsJon
    Well, my last week was ok. I managed to do some of my staying healthy/energy goals (drinking water, eating iron, taking supplements etc.) 

I went swimming twice :) Once at hubby's work and once at the local pool. I also put the kids in the day care at the pool and had some time to myself which was awesome :) The kids loved the day care so much I had to drag them away. Unfortunately, both times I swam my stomach started hurting after the first lap so I had to stop. That's really frustrating because I was hoping swimming would be a safe way of getting some physical activity. 

I saw physio last week...somehow I'm supposed to avoid heavy lifting (like picking up my kids), pushing and pulling things etc. The midwife also suggested I avoid stairs (near impossible in our two story house). I also need to do more pelvic floor exercises (no surprises there).

Anyway, last week I also managed to write out my to do list properly and categorise everything to make it more efficient and write out my stuff in my diary instead of just remembering everything. I really want to try hard to stay on top of writing down things I need to get done and getting them done.
    Tiger_Lily