MiddleMan's MAP

Comments

• RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    CR is a hell of a game. I have to put it down frequently too. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    MiddleMan
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458
    edited December 4
    Wall punching, huh? Not good. Good that you were alone, and good that you ditched the game, but it's a sign of something deeper eating at you. What are you doing for serious exercise to feed the competitive thing?  What else can you to for dopamine?

And fix the wall ASAP. It's good for the soul.
    JellyBeanMiddleManfordsvtTennee
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898

Rorschach said:
    Wall punching, huh? Not good. Good that you were alone, and good that you ditched the game, but it's a sign of something deeper eating at you. What are you doing for serious exercise to feed the competitive thing?  What else can you to for dopamine?

And fix the wall ASAP. It's good for the soul.
    The wall is getting fixed today, that's for sure.  As for wall punching, I hit it with an open hand, thinking that I didn't want to damage the wall. Apparently, I'm stronger than I realize and/or the wall was weaker than I realized. This sort of thing only happens when  I was playing that game, though. Even so, I think you're right. 

I'm going to the gym and lifting twice a week. I am honestly not sure that getting involved in something seriously competitive would be good for me. Not right now, anyway.  Generally for dopamine, I've been working out, doing improv classes, and dating. (That game was my main, every day source for a little hits of dopamine. I have gotten rid of that now;  I'll need to replace it with something much healthier.) 
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    I'm just glad that you didn't find a stud when you hit the wall. You would be typing one handed right now with your other hand in a cast. #couldalwaysbeworse

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

• fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Hey @MiddleMan ; don't forget you've had a tough couple of years. Give yourself some space inside and relax. Perhaps some anger Mgmt. is in order? You mentioned therapy so may not be a bad idea.
    Nice work on the drywall patch. Just feather it out little more so it's not so high and can be seen after painting

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    @MiddleMan ProTip:  for second (and beyond) coats, thin your compound mix with a smidge of water - to a pancake batter consistency.  It'll provide a smoother finish with less sanding.  Use your putty knife to knock off the big bumps or chunks before additional coats. 
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    MiddleManTooEarlyTooLateExcelsior42andatowel
  • wanderingTheDesertwanderingTheDesert Desert SWSilver Member Posts: 219
    Kudos on taking problem behavior and turning into an opportunity to improve yourself. 

Amateur tip:  when the compound is still damp, use a large sponge (also damp) to smooth out the mud. Saves a bunch of sanding. 

Pen_and_SwordJellyBeanMiddleManCrashaxe
  • samsonsamson UKSilver Member Posts: 101
    CR is a hell of a game. I have to put it down frequently too. 
    Also very unbalanced and pay to win at the highest levels.
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    Thanks, @Tennee. That kind of confidence has never come naturally to me. I suppose it's the epitome of OI, and I'm sure I'd benefit from cultivating it in myself. I do think of myself positively, but if I dial up the ego like that, it's unnatural and forced. And I think women will see that I'm faking it. I think it'd be good for me to figure out how to have (and display) a quiet confidence. 

What struck me about @leoslayer was how women just approach him. There's probably a vibe he puts out there that I don't. And I bet it's related to this confidence. I have a few theories about why I don't have that, but I'm going to have to wait on sharing them- I'm meeting a woman for a lunch date. 
    TenneeforestleafwranglerCartB4Horse