How often to buy wife lingerie?

SenecaSeneca CanadaSilver Member Posts: 268
I know we've had several lingerie-related threads lately.  For this one, I have a bit of a different spin.

My wife likes it when I buy her lingerie, and she likes wearing it for me.  It turns out, I also really like buying it for her.  There's some sort of eroticism to that act alone.  I don't buy it for her very often, but it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if I were to up that frequency.  I'm not totally sure what the down-side to buying it more frequently would be, but it feels like there might be a downside.  I don't want it to start to become mundane or creepy.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• SenecaSeneca CanadaSilver Member Posts: 268
    edited January 2014
    UnBetaMe said:
    @Seneca It's sad to say, but I have never purchased lingerie for my wife. I think I'm afraid she won't like it and/or it won't fit and would ruin the entire attempt. 
    Also, my wife has never worn lingerie for me that I can recall.  She brought some on our recent vacation, but never ended up wearing it...

I'm interested to see what more experienced others have to say on this matter. 

My thoughts, for what it's worth:

I'm almost certain your wife wants to receive lingerie.  The only issue is whether the current version of her wants to receive it from the current version of you, right now.  And I don't mean that to be offensive.  Over time, as you up your level of awesome, hopefully she responds in kind.  The combination of you being more awesome and her feeling better about herself will probably entice her.  You'll also have to alpha up and essentially tell her she's wearing it, rather than ask her to do so.
    MovingForwardRapunzel
  • ozzyozzy TX USAGold Men Posts: 996
    Seneca said:
    I know we've had several lingerie-related threads lately.  For this one, I have a bit of a different spin.

My wife likes it when I buy her lingerie, and she likes wearing it for me.  It turns out, I also really like buying it for her.  There's some sort of eroticism to that act alone.  I don't buy it for her very often, but it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if I were to up that frequency.  I'm not totally sure what the down-side to buying it more frequently would be, but it feels like there might be a downside.  I don't want it to start to become mundane or creepy.

Any thoughts?
    How often are you buying now?  Also..do you buy it together, or is it like a surprise every time for her?

One option could be panty of the month.  I've bought several subscriptions (3,6,12 months you can choose from) for @mrsozzy over the years and she is pleased with them, as they seem to be good quality items .  With the panty, you can also include a bra, stockings and other options depending on your budget.  That will get you/her something once a month automatically.

@ozzy

Right now I buy her lingerie significantly less than once per month.  Probably 2-3 times per year.  I think there is probably some room to up the ante, I just don't want it to get old, you know?  I almost always buy it for her and then try to surprise her with it. I feel like that approach is more alpha, at least it feels that way to me.  She's also told me more than once that she likes that.

The Panty of the Month idea is not a bad one.  I have to admit, though, that I kind of like the "ritual" aspect of going out, selecting something off the shelf, and then bringing it home for her.

In terms of frequency, I'm basically kicking around the idea of using special occasions as an excuse to buy some for her.  So things like birthdays, valentine's day, vacations, etc.
  • SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    edited January 2014
    I don't think more than monthly would be prudent.

Downsides are that it could be a DLV, show neediness, seem controlling, and in general have the problems of any other covert contract gifting.

Better would be having her buy stuff, maybe at least half the time. Maybe get a VS credit card. That'd be like the parable about giving a man a fish he'll eat for a day, get him a fishing pole and he'll eat forever.

UnBetaMe said:
    @Seneca - I hear you loud and clear.  My MAP is now to spend the next 2 months on non-sexual stuff and see how she responds.  Buying lingerie will definitely be something I explore once I see noticeable improvement in her attraction to me.

On another note. I've heard mixed things about getting lingerie/corsets etc. for your significant other as a present for an occasion like birthday or Christmas as it could viewed as a gift for you, not them.  Obviously, it depends on the your relationship... just a thought.

That's true.  Whenever I get it, it's a side gift.  Like, it's never the central gift for the occasion.  I'll get her something for Christmas, for example, and then also set her up with a new outfit.
    [Deleted User]Angeline
    Good to know, @simplegirl .

I think one thing I struggle with a bit is knowing how far to push the sexiness (or maybe trampy-ness :) ) of the items.  I tend to stick to things that are a bit more "practical" in the sense that they can be worn to sleep in, etc.

I'd like the push the envelop a bit from time to time.
    @simplegirl @UnBetaMe

For what it's worth, I'd recommend option three that simplegirl posted above.  It's the right mix of practical, comfort and sexy for an "intro" piece.  Haha.  That tends to be the sort of thing I buy for my wife most often.

I also tend to shy away from bras, because I know those can be hard to fit properly without a try-on.
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    Panties are a good, relatively inexpensive way to judge her comfort level with sexiness.  To me, panties aren't an lingerie item per se, but they help up the daily sexiness.
    Angeline
  • spartacusspartacus Spartacus is everywhereSilver Member Posts: 178
    Yah..it would be hilarious if it wasn't me..
    @Ozzy. That's exactly what happens. Except do you know how long it takes to dispose of an entire bag-o-panties! A long time! I did and do tease her relentlessly for it though... sadly, her wear is still not much better.
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    @angeline & @frillyfun

I'll never survive the Bali section at Macy's again! I'll be doubled over laughing now!
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    AngelinefrillyfunRapunzel
  • BonfireBonfire Somewhere out on the RefugeSilver Member Posts: 7
    I don't understand why a gal wouldn't feel a lot more sexy in something sleek and silky, compared to an old T shirt and frayed cotton under wear despite not being 19 y o any longer. I have tried telling her it makes me feel so much better when she wears things that bring out 'the feminine' in her.