On Initiation

Comments

• Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    @MiddleMan You need to establish a red, some sort of signal that tonight's just not the night. In your own mind preferably but something she will eventually realize means stop and you won't bother me anymore.

For my wife and I it's an elbow, nothing that'll hurt, just a little more than a nudge. She knows I'll back off and become OI. Once this realization was made she has been less stressed and it has nixed some of her negative feelings towards sex. It's taken some pressure off of her and she's starting to respond more favorably.

A little of my own interpretation of the red yellow green tool.
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    SalukiBC_hunter
  • AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395

How she responded to your initiation would be considered a "soft no"...You really need to push her to a "hard no" so she can own the "No", and not hamster rationalize it was because you were both "tired", etc.

I would suggest you attempt to start removing clothing as she is soft no'ing...actions + words work well in phase one initations. Make her own the "No".

This is all pretty much pare for the course...your doing great!

SignorePillolaRossaAngelineBC_hunter
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898

@Mr_Brown- Right now, her red seems to be a complete lack of response. I mean, when she's wearing several layers of unsexy pajamas, and she's keeping her arms in a position that makes it impossible for me to take them off without being forceful (and there's perhaps another thread), that seems like a pretty clear red to me. The fact that she outright said "I don't want to have sex" last night means that at least I carried it forward enough that she had to tell me no.

SignorePillolaRossaAngelineKheldar
    @MiddleMan I agree, a red is a red, the difficulty which comes into play is the line between yellow and red.

New scenario: one layer of frumpy armor on, you make your moves and you get a week no or an I've got a head ache... How far would you push it til you backed off? I've pushed through these no's before but if I ever get a little bit of physical resistance like the elbow or a shrug off I'm out. There's also a difference in the way she might pull my hand away that I can't exactly explain, but you can get my point. Until then I push through. It also can be the way she says no.
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2014
    ETA: Make sure your consistent. If your all over the place the trust won't be developed.
  • hoping4betterhoping4better Member Posts: 1,223
    MiddleMan said:

@Mr_Brown- Right now, her red seems to be a complete lack of response. I mean, when she's wearing several layers of unsexy pajamas, and she's keeping her arms in a position that makes it impossible for me to take them off without being forceful (and there's perhaps another thread), that seems like a pretty clear red to me. The fact that she outright said "I don't want to have sex" last night means that at least I carried it forward enough that she had to tell me no.

Her - "I don't want to have sex"  

You "Me neither, let's just fuck"  or "I think I can change your mind (continue to molest)"

Don't be hard on yourself you have half a year or more to go.  You are just starting.  But that was not a hard no from her.  Alpha up a little more, be playful and flirty when she acts like that, tease her a bit, stay in physical contact and keep escalating until she physically pushes you away.  Then keep OI and be pleasant.

Going to bed early and at the same time is a good start as well.

Her armor pajamas are just a test.  Don't start feeling defeated by just seeing them. Also TURN UP THE HEAT before you get into bed.  It's hard to game cold.
    Angeline
  • allenaddingalphaallenaddingalpha Silver Member Posts: 135
    I am at the point where I almost never get turned down.  What works for us is about every other night - 3 to 4 times a week.  I usually don't initiate the day after.  We like to take our time and have fun together and we don't get started until after the kids are in bed (teenagers so its pretty late).  The next night I encourage her to get in bed early and get some good rest.  Of course if we are both feeling good the next day we will definitely go for it again.

I also find that having a little pent up sexual energy makes the sex better and makes me more aggressive.  Find what works for you and go for that.  I definitely don't think there is a rule that you have to initiate every night. 
    texascfguy
  • RedPillLearningRedPillLearning My Technology EnclaveSilver Member Posts: 134

How she responded to your initiation would be considered a "soft no"...You really need to push her to a "hard no" so she can own the "No", and not hamster rationalize it was because you were both "tired", etc.

I would suggest you attempt to start removing clothing as she is soft no'ing...actions + words work well in phase one initations. Make her own the "No".

This is all pretty much pare for the course...your doing great!

Totally agree with this one.  For me, it works against me to just start touching her breasts even if we had been cuddling and kissing earlier.  It works much better with my wife to just be direct and say what I want (e.g. "I want to be inside of you") or to just start taking off her panties.  Just a few months ago I would have never thought that would work.

“The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others.” - Nietzsche

http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/10161/redpilllearning-s-introduction
  • AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395
    Birthday sex is always tricky, especially if you don't plan well for the event. For me birthday sex has been both  mind-blowing and blah, all depending on how well I planned for it (like weeks in advance). I'm glad to see you had an OI A&A response ready for her! It WILL get better with practice!
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    I haven't had birthday sex for years. My wife wears herself out with acts of service -- dinner, inviting friends over to celebrate, entertaining. It's a good time, but by night time, she's asleep fast. My 40th was the only exception in recent memory.
    [Deleted User]MiddleMan[Deleted User]
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    Kheldar said:
    I haven't had birthday sex for years. My wife wears herself out with acts of service -- dinner, inviting friends over to celebrate, entertaining. It's a good time, but by night time, she's asleep fast. My 40th was the only exception in recent memory.
    Initiate in the morning than.
    I'll bet we've had morning sex less than 10 times of the approximately 6,500 mornings since we started having sex together. We've had our ebbs and flows on quanity and quality of other aspects of sex, but the morning thing has pretty well been a constant. 
    RicoSaluki
    In my opinion, morning wood is a cruel, cruel joke. I wake up with the hardest hard-on imaginable, but I have to piss so badly that I can't ever use it. Then, when I finally awkwardly empty my bladder, I'm too tired to really be in the mood.
    newredpillrecruitbrowneyesacmartin1960
    DW's period started yesterday, a couple days earlier than expected. Which is a shame, as I was starting to feel confident enough to initiate to a hard no. But the period is a solid red (no pun intended).

I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that she'd be willing to give me a BJTC. Not yet.

So, MAPping on. Leg day at the gym today.
    One other relevant piece of information for my previous post. It should be ovulation day for my wife. That wasn't any apparent help. She does have a cough that she can't shake, though.