An utterly shallow and materialistic thread for Christmas gift ideas

JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
Dizios is a cool game that is fun for families and can be played by children even if they are too young to read.  We got this for Christmas last year and we all really like it.

Qwirkle is another game by the same company.  We also received this as a gift last year.  It has been a big hit at our house for family game night.

Cards Against Humanity.  This game is definitely not appropriate for children but it is hilarious for adults.  It is played similarly to Apples to Apples.
Last year while playing this game I ended up having to explain to my mother-in-law the meaning of the word, "queef."  You have been warned.
Enneagram type 9w1
AngelineOneEyedDrunk[Deleted User]AlphaBelleKattredheaded_womanPurpleJohn3[Deleted User]Tiberius[Deleted User]Olddoggoisles26MiddleManSmashmaster

Comments

• JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    Diamond Candles.  So far I have burned through three of these.  All of them smell amazing, and the rings are really pretty.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    PurpleTimSim1971
    Sock Dreams sells some of the coolest socks I have ever seen!
    imageimage
    Enneagram type 9w1
    PurpleBrown_eyes[Deleted User]
    Do you have a computer geek in your life?  Check out this watch!  Surprise, it's only $6.49!

Enneagram type 9w1
    Angeline
    This is the coolest night light I ever saw!
    Enneagram type 9w1
    AngelineElainePurpleSmashmaster
  • mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950
    Thanks, I'm thinking that Cards Against Humanity might be a good one for my brother and sister in law. If it's not political, we might even be able to play it with our parents. :))
    JellyBean[Deleted User]PurpleSmashmaster
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    JellyBean said:
    Oh this is awesome. I might have to get this for my daughter in law nurse, who paid her way through nursing school tending bar! :) very cute.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Smashmaster
    edited December 2013
    @Mandrill said:
    What's the quality of the stuff at Sock Dreams? I don't know how much women's socks are usually, so how are their prices? Most of them I looked at are $10 a pair.
    I just placed my first order, so I don't yet know about the quality.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    @Louise, that's great!  Is it this one?

Enneagram type 9w1
    Angeline
  • jklmjklm Silver Member Posts: 1,574
    @Mandrill, I've been happy with my socks from Sock Dreams so far and I have quite an array. They have some really pricey things, but most of their stuff seems at least reasonable compared to what you could get elsewhere. And the free shipping is nice.

I got a magnetic wristband (to store nuts, bolts, nails, etc. and keep them out of the engine) for a relative who's always working on cars.
    http://www.magnogrip.com/index.cfm?pid=10450

And since lots of games have been mentioned, let me add Bang! Sorry, it's a Western theme, nothing sexy - sort of like Mafia but more organized. But uniformly every single person I've ever played with has loved it. I recommend the all-inclusive bullet edition, but the basic set is still great. Also you can learn Italian while you play.
    http://www.amazon.com/BANG-La-Pallottola-The-Bullet/dp/B001037L8K

---
    Big muscles and confident leadership turn the relationship. And leadership is NOT trying to figure out what she wants and doin that. -farmertan
    JellyBeanknickersAngelineSmashmaster
  • jklmjklm Silver Member Posts: 1,574
    Henleys.

---
    Big muscles and confident leadership turn the relationship. And leadership is NOT trying to figure out what she wants and doin that. -farmertan
    AlphaBelle[Deleted User]Purple