Avalinette's MAP

AvalinetteAvalinette In the kitchenSilver Member Posts: 1,316
My day to day thread is here: A women's work is never done, but I want to have a cleaner thread with my main MAP on it (so I can feel more organised).

Here are my reds, yellows and greens:

Reds

§         Stop displaying low value.

§         Stop being lazy

§         Complete tasks (Implement the GTD thing properly)

§         Keep the house clean and provide food

§         Start a good exercise routine for me that’s sustainable (preferably strength training)

Comments

• AvalinetteAvalinette In the kitchenSilver Member Posts: 1,316

Yellows

• We’ve begun to take charge of our own medical care and get things fixed
    • We’ve mostly stopped eating grains
    • We’ve mostly stopped eating sugar
    • Maintain garden better and get better produce out of it
    • Maintain better connections with current friends and create connections with new friends.
    • Re-establish our budget and stick to it
    • Maintain storage areas
    • Work smart not hard: GTD principles
    • Make a plan to actively spend money to invest in our marriage
    • Stop orbiting hotter people: work out what this means and whether I do it
    • Pass fitness tests
    • Maintain my own frame: work out what my frame is
    • Get more pampering
    • Sort out my wardrobe: all clothes fit and I know what to wear with what
    Yellows cont (it keeps telling me I have too many characters when I try to post them in on comment...something with the formatting I think)
    • Stop being selfish and wrapped up in myself: commit to focus on him every day
    • Recognise double binds
    • Find out what he likes
    • Discover covert contracts
    • I sometimes nerf my personality
    • Relax in a way that is truly relaxing: baby free time
    • Stop doing things I hate: Pay for a cleaner sometimes
    • Keep a watch for energy vampires and deal with them. Make sure the tiny vampire doesn’t suck me dry.
    • Stop being an energy vampire
    • Stop people pleasing
    • Learn my personality type
    • Work out short term, medium term and long term where I want to be/what I want
    • Keep an eye on electronic devices; don’t let my time with them get out of control
    • Find things that energise me and do them
    • Enjoy the journey
    • Pay attention to flow states
    • Quality beats Quantity

The week's not quite over yet, but in a very rare occurance H and LO are having a nap and I'm not so I'll use this window of computer time to do some updating.

Last week's monkeys
    • I didn't get to test out the first one as I didn't actually have any of those awful days that make you feel like giving up on the week. I plodded along moderately well all week (doing better at the start).
    • I did my morning planning almost every morning. I did actual written plans 3 out of 5 mornings (and mental plans the other mornings. Two of my written plans were properly executed; the third wasn't, but it was still a good day.
    • I logged progress 3 out of 5 days (I think I skipped Mon because it was the day I wrote the schedule and Friday because it was the end of the week and I got lazy). I reach the end of my morning activities sometime after 10 (the goal is 9:30; the original goal was 9am). Evenings we've followed the schedule ok, though H is unhappy with it. The middle of my daily schedule, I've only vaguely been hitting, but I think the mornings and evenings are more important.

Monkeys for this week (I'm just going to repeat last week's)

• Maintain an attitude of looking forward and not dwelling on the past. It doesn't matter that I had a bad day yesterday: today I'll do better. It doesn't matter that my morning was a wash:It can be better going forward.
    • Plan the day every morning.
    • Make an honest effort at following the daily schedule and log progress.

Serenity
    Last week
    • I did a reasonable job of maintaining a forward looking attitude
    • I planned the day every morning, but most days didn't get my assigned jobs done :(
    • I logged progress Tues-Fri on the forum (on my other thread) and basically followed the morning and evening parts of my daily plan

This week's monkeys:

• Clear out my command centre/desk which has became a repository of drifts of stuff over the holidays and is unuseable as a command centre et the moment.
    • Put together photos of our year and write my annual newsletter (which I usually get out in January so it's now running late even by my standards)
    • Keep tracking my daily activity
    MrsJon
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    @Avalinette  You are doing so great. It's hard to consistently keep Mapping, and inspiring to see someone who's doing it so well.  :)

You actually just got me all fired up to go do my work-out, which is one of the week's monkeys. 
    MrsJonEightbit
    Thanks @Serenity. I'm afraid I don't feel as if I'm going great. I feel as if I'm stalling and making barely any progress at all (and consistently failing to reach the low bar I set for myself). So, thank you for noticing; I'll take your word for it and believe that I am making progress and use the positive energy to keep pushing forward.
    Last week's monkeys:

• I did track my daily activity (on my other thread) and logged 12 hours of housework over the week :)
    • I've 'cleared' my command centre. There's enough space to put the laptop on it (which was my main unstated goal) but I didn't actually put everything away: I put most of it away, but the last bit I just cleared into my overflowing inbox, moved to the side of the command centre and put in a box to sort later. Actually, looking over at it...there was enough space to put the laptop, I see more stuff has accumulated in that space since...grr!
    • I've written my annual newsletter but still need H to check over it (in case I've said anything he doesn't want me spreading around) and I've loaded onto the computer and almost sorted the years photos which ended up being a HUUUGE job. I still need to pick a few photos to put in my newsletter. I didn't finish this goal but I spent a lot of time on it and made massive progress so I'll give myself a pass for it.

This week's monkeys:

• Budgetting: H has been saying since Christmas that he's going to put us back on a budget and hasn't done it yet. So, I'm gonna just do my stuff. I'll keep track of my grocery/consumables spending and keep it under a limit I've set and I'll track my discretionary spending and keep that under a limit. On a related note, I'm going to tie my discretionary spending to reward money for doing housework and childcare(already ok'd with H) so I'll track my time spent doing housework and focused childcare (ie. nursing while I read a book or entertaining her while I do something else doesn't count)
    • From last week: finish the newsletter and get it sent out. Bonus points if I write a few other emails I've been wanting to do and contact a friend or two to set up a coffee/play date.
    • From last week: maintain the cleared up command centre and use it.

Another half monkey I meant to put up, but forgot to (in light of having extra leftover monkeys from last week still to deal with) is:
    • Get up earlier: Probably 6 or 6:30 (rather than 7) but more specifically, get up when I'm awake (or woken) rather than staying in bed waiting for 7 to roll round because I don't want to miss any of my alotted sleep time (because that time between LO waking up and me getting up is not actually that restful)
    Last week's monkeys
    • Kept to my budget...and went out on Friday and spent some of my fun money on cool things and didn't feel guilty about it!
    • Tracked my work and did 6.5 hours housework and 1.5 hours focussed childcare. Less than usual because we had colds this week. I also know I did more than that, but I didn't always track it.
    • Sent the newsletter :D
    • Command Centre: made a half hearted effort to keep it clear but barely used it because I don't have the energy to stand so much (it's a standing desk) and LO can reach it now so I can't just leave stuff out on it as I used to, thus it has lost much of its utility. I'll keep it for now, but I guess I need a different solution.
    • Only got up early on about half the days partly because we were sick. I was somewhat better at getting up if I was awake rather than lying in bed waiting for the clock. This one will probably improve on its own anyway because I want to get up earlier and H is getting up earlier too due to work.

This week's monkeys

• Fix my health: Eat 4 sit down meals a day, Drink 3 bottles of water a day, stick to Gluten Free food at least till Friday, but hopefully over the weekend and for all of next week too. (More details here: Avalinette's Health)
    • Send one group email
    • Research cars: H can get a work car, we need to decide whether we want one, decide which one and do whatever steps necessary to make it happen. H will send me the info, I'll read it this week and hopefully be able to give my suggestion to him.

By the way, one of the things I bought (guilt free) on Friday is a mini whiteboard to write my monkeys on (I remember someone else said they do that in their house and have been wanting to do it for ages). I've left space for H and told him I'd love it for him to write his up too.

Last week's monkeys:
    • I ate 4 meals (and snacks) everyday and had my 3 waters 4 out of 5 days. I stuck to Gluten Free, except that I inadvertently ate half a cookie at church: my daughter gave it to me and I got halfway through it before I remembered.
    • I sent the email
    • I did the car research. This is sort of a mixed bag. I did 2 lots of research and had a recommendation. H then had a look at it all over the weekend and there's lots I did wrong (partly because I lack knowledge of cars and our financial situation) so he pretty much did it all over. But, it gave him the impetus to actually do it and it looks like we'll be going with the car my research suggested anyway.

I'll update my new monkeys later, once I've refined them more :P

[Deleted User]SignorePillolaRossa
    This weeks monkeys:
    • 4 sit down meals a day; 3 bottles of water a day
    • Do one admin thing a day, in particular 2 phonecalls I've been putting off and writing some emails
    • Research stuff for a new house
    edited March 2014
    Progress on last week's monkeys:
    • I ate my 4 sit down meals every day trying to focus on higher calorie choices, I had my 3 bottles on 4/5 days
    • I did my admin stuff including the 2 phonecalls. The most important phonecall isn't actually dealt with yet because I could only leave a message and haven't even called back. I'll call again today.
    Progress on last week's monkeys:
    • I ate my 4 sit down meals every day trying to focus on higher calorie choices, I had my 3 bottles on 4/5 days
    • I did my admin stuff including the 2 phonecalls. The most important phonecall isn't actually dealt with yet because I could only leave a message and haven't even called back. I'll call again today.

Forum ate the rest of my comment :(

• I didn't do much house research till Saturday, and even then I only did step 1 of 4 I was meant to do last week because step 1 rendered the other steps obsolete.

This week's monkeys:

• 4 sit down meals and 3 waters a day
    • 1 admin task/day
    • house research: online research and book 3 inspections.
    edited March 2014
    Last week's monkeys (I can't format bullet points any more :(...and bullet points look so pretty)
    I had all my meals. I only completed my water 2 out of 5 days
    I did 4 admin tasks all up. The big phonecall I've been trying to make for the past 2 weeks is still not done (but I have been leaving messages which I guess is all I can really do).
    Didn't do my house research

I think that's a failing grade :( I'll try do better next week
    Monkey's for this week

Maintaining a clean house: I wrote a wishlist of things I want to clean/tidy on my other thread; I will do one item from the wish list every day .

Make a plan for my own exercise: Find a gym/personal trainer/similar and have a plan for times and costs

Find a house: Do research and book at least 3 inspections.
    (I will also keep up the 4 meals, 3 waters a day: I think 4 meals is a habit and will stay without overt policing; 3 waters is still on my whiteboard, but isn't really a big enough goal to be a monkey.)
  • OlddogOlddog CanadaSilver Member Posts: 743
    @Avalinette,

Quick glance at your discussions, but I don't see a triage anywhere. 

Can you give some background on where/how you grew up (and the same for your husband?) and where you ended up now?

(And, I have to say, your 'obsession' with drinking water - waters? - and eating does disturb me - and I'm an 'have-to-eat-to-live' kinda person, rather than 'I-live-to-eat' mindset.)
    "STOP.THAT." - Tennee
    "So it seems to me, that you can in fact, you can teach an old dog new tricks" - Jamie Hyneman
    "So that's like a foursome every time you guys get it on!  - Monkeys_Uncle h/t Katherine Kelly
    edited March 2014
    @Olddog‌ I don't have a triage. I've never been in a 911 situation and I don't want (and most definitely do not have my very private husband's permission) to share that much. I'm wary of my anonymity and too much detail on background would be identifying (As it's kinda unique) My husband and I both grew up in close to the same cultural/family background and both had childhoods (and now adult lives) with lots of International moving. We are both oldest children. The biggest Cultural influence on both of us has been Christianity (Reformed, quite conservative flavour). I'm trying to be mindful of my drinking because I have a tendency to be dehydrated. Does it mitigate it somewhat that I'm living in a tropical climate, it's Summer here and I'm breastfeeding? I've also only lived here for a bit over a year so I'm not so used to how much water I need to consume (previous climate was a cold and wet one). I'm trying to get in the habit of drinking more regularly. The eating thing is more hashed out in my other thread.