Workout and diet accountability thread

Mark72Mark72 OhioSilver Member Posts: 2,007
Today I weigh in at 220. I started off in June at 204. I was this weight plus five lbs this time last year. Time to get exercising and eating right. 

1/5/15 - 220
Goal - 180
Difference from last week +5

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht Anders tun. Gott hilfe mir. Amen. - Martin Luther
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Pascal

My journey

JekRebuildingHusband[Deleted User]TenneePirouette

Comments

• JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2015
    Oh hell...shit just got real.

5'9"
    Goal.........190? Ugh, fugit, 185!!!

RebuildingHusband[Deleted User]Tennee
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited January 2015
    I ate 17,342 bourbon balls over Christmas - I'm in. Didn't weigh in this AM,  but sweating my ass off right now...

1/6/2015
    200 (est)
    5'10"
    Goals: 180ish / 4 - 5x weekly workouts / muscle bulk 

I believe there's an MMSL Fitocracy group for those interested...something else to log in to...
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    RebuildingHusband[Deleted User]SunDance
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Yesterday, I did weights for about 30 min at work.  Went to gym after work, just did hot tub, I had been feeling real sore as of late.

Did good on eating right, kept to my plan.

I will take measurements tonight and post.
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    RebuildingHusband[Deleted User]Tennee
  • RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    1/5/15
    6'0"
    Goal - 181 (powerlifting weight class)

Getting it back together now. Paleo has begun again. Cycling back to the LSU football program workout as well. MWF workouts, sprint work at least 2x per week for conditioning, no drinking except on weekends.
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    DaddyOh[Deleted User]TenneeSunDance
  • RicoRico ArribaSilver Member Posts: 1,284
    edited January 2015
    1/6
    6'0"
    Goal: 185

Very ambitious for me, as I haven't been under 190 in over a decade.
    RebuildingHusband[Deleted User]DaddyOhTennee
    @Chief_TC‌ we'll break that hamster bro. One step at a time. I was 235 not long ago. 
    [Deleted User]Tennee
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    What the heck, I'll bite.  Dropped 25 lbs in ten months, but fell off the wagon in June and gained 3 pounds over the holiday (had been holding steady).

5'7"
    181 lbs
    Goal is under 160

this is also very ambitious for me, so I'm putting my odds at 10:1 that I make it.  Currently I'm guessing I'm a couple pounds below my wedding day weight, and under 160 would put me a bit lighter than I even was in most of high school (plus the fact I'll have more muscle weight).
    [Deleted User]Tennee
    Chief   what was your plan how did you go about it?
    Sweat More...bitch less
    @SaigoTakamori‌ the vast majority of weight loss is diet. Eat clean.

You need to figure out what works for you. My body does funny things with carbs. When I cut them out, the weight drops easily. In hindsight, it's always been that way for me (wrestled in high school, walked around at 175, wrestled at 152 every weekend). 

I've found that paleo is a simple routine for me to follow with lots of recipes already out there. I can get creative in the kitchen (I love to cook) and keep the diet very varied. 

You ou can try any workout program you want but if you're not eating right then you're just a fat guy who can lift heavy.
    [Deleted User]TenneeWheelMan
    That's similar to my experience.  I was amazed how little it actually took to shed the pounds.  I just stayed away from the snacks between meals; limited the sugary drinks; stuck to 1-2 nights of ice cream/dessert per week (typically 3-4), and lifted weights three days a week. 

That's where the holiday got me.  Being home 13 out of 16 days, I was finding myself grazing on junk.

I kind of hit a wall with the weights last year.  I think my protein intake is probably not sufficient.  I dabbled with the body weight exercise routine from Nerd Fitness before.  Gonna get back to trying that regularly again.  
    RebuildingHusbandSaigoTakamori
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    I just sit down to a cheesesteak and this is the thread I pick!! 

Alright, started MMSL at 290 44 inch waste, I went down to 250 but I'm up around 260 now 38 inch waste (that's pants size), fitness took a little of a back seat last year due to injuries and working a ton(paid off 30k in debt!!). Picked up some weights and flooring mats, and I'm looking at power racks now. Maybe this will help with the motivation! 

So with that being said... 

Currently:
    5'10"

Goals:
    220's
    Under 30 min 5k

Cheesesteak gone... Bout to throw 2/3's of these fries away... Thanks! If it's any consolation I walked to and from lunch! 

Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    Tennee[Deleted User]Purple[Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Lunch time work out Today:

15 min hill climb treadmill   and 6 min interval in stationary bike   30 sec burst  1 min rest  x4

Sweat More...bitch less
    Tennee[Deleted User]
    @Mr_Brown‌ we've all got our weak spots. If a cheesesteak once a week is gonna keep you motivated then have at it. Kind of like me and beer. I homebrew so im not gonna quit drinking, just keep it to a minimum. 

38" waist at 260. You're gonna be mighty svelte at 220!
    Tennee[Deleted User]
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    I've got some good numbers (1rm: bench press 200 + squat 350 + deadlift 450 = 1,000lbs)

My downfall: I do a lot of driving for work... So I know all the best spots, and the guys I work with are from out of town... That's my biggest temptation is lunch. Just need to prep better and order more salads!! 

The wife cooks good at home (2 nights a week with carbs the rest without), generally eggs and meat or omelettes for breakfast sometimes some steel cut oats. I've dropped the sugar in my coffee (but not the flavored creamer) . Protein shakes after workouts.

Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    Tennee[Deleted User]threewishes2016
    edited January 2015
    From Way Brown Town:   lol    The flavored creamer in coffee gets me too, I either HAVE to use a measure spoon or the little cuppies  Or I WAY over do it every time!  LOL
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Mr_Brown
    Speaking of pants sizes, that was one of my bigger motivators (besides finding MMSL) to weight loss.  Being short, pants tend to be long anyway.  But when you end up balooning in waist to wearing a 36/30, they end up being about 3-4" too long and I looked like a complete dork rolling them up.  It's much better now at 32/30, but I really want to get to 30/30 at least.
    RebuildingHusbandMr_Brown
  • HappyTrailHappyTrail MidWestSilver Member Posts: 453
    I'm at the other end.....I want to gain a little weight but in the right places. I'm 5'-10" and 160 lbs. I've been working out for about 5 years now. I lost 30 lbs of fat and have been holding steady for quite a while. We eat out more than we should, otherwise I do pretty well with a healthy diet. The only way to gain muscle is for a calorie surplus and weight training. Got the weights going but no matter what I eat it goes straight to my belly. Good definition/muscle tone but I just can't add size where I want it. I get plenty of protein and vitamins from good sources (greek yogurt, nuts, fruit and veggie smoothies, etc) I am not interested in the supplement band wagon. I watch my dairy, sugar and red meat intake. Biggest challenge is carbs - love bread and pasta! 

My wife is a part time fitness trainer and is partially vegan. I'm friends with several personal trainers. I vary my workouts and keep it well rounded. Strength training, HIIT, cycle/spinning, running, core, a little lap swimming. I read all the literature and try to do all the right things - my body just doesn't want to grow! It's a blessing and a curse.